What's new

The SCORE! Post your acquisitions here

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Did you have it milled? Im looking and it appears that Kimber has the only stock OR 1911.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can actually push out the rear sight and install a mounting plate - have done this with my Kimber. Works like a charm.
I also converted my 686's to red dots.

You can actually push out the rear sight and install a mounting plate - have done this with my Kimber. Works like a charm.
I also converted my 686's to red dots.

How’s it working out? I wasn’t certain that the reduced mount to slide contact wouldn’t be as ridged.

no problem whatsoever.

I might add that my daughter-in-law has given my son clearance to own a firearm. He has coveted my only government model 1911, a Colt rail gun. My wife has instructed me to give it to him.

I’m now in the market for a replacement and was thinking of a Springfield Marine Corp Operator, but the Kimber KHX comes OR, so......

Did you have it milled? Im looking and it appears that Kimber has the only stock OR 1911.

No this was a limited run from one of the distributors I think RSR maybe. They’re pretty much unobtanium right now but will be available in the future.

Ive owned/own mostly high end 1911s and I must say the build quality on this LB Operator is impressive. Good barrel fit, solid slide to frame fit, etc. I would 100% buy anything Springfield over Kimber, it’s not even a question.

Springfield also has a Marine Corp Operator with the RMR from the same distributor if that’s your preference.

No this was a limited run from one of the distributors I think RSR maybe. They’re pretty much unobtanium right now but will be available in the future.

Ive owned/own mostly high end 1911s and I must say the build quality on this LB Operator is impressive. Good barrel fit, solid slide to frame fit, etc. I would 100% buy anything Springfield over Kimber, it’s not even a question.

Springfield also has a Marine Corp Operator with the RMR from the same distributor if that’s your preference.

The Marine Corp Operator is my druthers and the Kimber KHX is OR. I have a Kimber Ultra HD and I love it. They say Kimber QC has ramped up, but I don’t own a Springfield and want one.

Last edited:
The Marine Corp Operator is my druthers and the Kimber KHX is OR. I have a Kimber Ultra HD and I love it. They say Kimber QC has ramped up, but I don’t own a Springfield and want one.

Here is the SKU for the MC Op with the RMR PX9110ML18-RMR

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Gonna give the dot a try.....
View attachment 1182848
If you are like me its gonna drive you nuts for a while :lol: The dot will exposes weaknesses you never knew you had! For me it was a HORRIBLE draw stroke!

Oh, ordered a Sniper Tools ADI (Angle Degree Indicator) and a Sphur mount for it... There is some down hill shooting on the Bravo Range at Triple C and apparently that plays heavily into proper dope at range. Who knew?

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
PD finally had 9 mm 124 jhp....jumped on them. Checking their site 3x a day to make sure not lucking out again.
Everything they put up yesterday afternoon is already out of stock.

nikonNUT

Got the ADI installed...
7B58DFDC-E513-43DD-9BD0-1FFF3B08C0D4.jpeg

Ad Astra

The Instigator
If you are like me its gonna drive you nuts for a while :lol: The dot will exposes weaknesses you never knew you had! For me it was a HORRIBLE draw stroke!

Oh, ordered a Sniper Tools ADI (Angle Degree Indicator) and a Sphur mount for it... There is some down hill shooting on the Bravo Range at Triple C and apparently that plays heavily into proper dope at range. Who knew?

See Morgan's instructions to the Colonial militia at the Battle of the Cowpens.

AA

nikonNUT

See Morgan's instructions to the Colonial militia at the Battle of the Cowpens.

AA
Also known as the trap every deer I have ever shot fell into! A few grunts and the lovely lady will appear followed by her suitor with the intensity of... "The British, as expected, relentlessly pursued the militia headlong into a waiting line of battle Continental regulars." I'd bet $100.00 that Morgan hunted a deer or two! :D

Last edited:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Also known as the trap every deer I have ever shot fell into! A few grunts and the lovely lady will appear followed by her suitor with the intensity of... "The British, as expected, relentlessly pursued the militia headlong into a waiting line of battle Continental regulars." I'd bet $100.00 that Morgan hunted a deer or two! :D

I didn't have the time to finish that last thought, LotH called dinner - but see you share history too!

There was something there too about the advantage of shooting uphill vs. downhill. Brits fired high that day.

AA

nikonNUT

I didn't have the time to finish that last thought, LotH called dinner - but see you share history too!

There was something there too about the advantage of shooting uphill vs. downhill. Brits fired high that day.

AA
The high ground is always a good thing!

Top Bottom