What's new

The SCORE! Post your acquisitions here

On Saturday I received a few lights I ordered about a week and a half ago when Olight had a sale.
IMG_20201123_213224702.jpg
IMG_20201123_213457699.jpg

The weapon light and the tan flashlight were $55.00 on sale and the little black flashlight was free just for logging into my account.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I didn't have the time to finish that last thought, LotH called dinner - but see you share history too!

There was something there too about the advantage of shooting uphill vs. downhill. Brits fired high that day.

AA
LotH?????????????????????????

Ad Astra

The Instigator

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
But do you trust Google?

One who is too lazy to go to the library and crack open a history book is forced to trust Google. :)

This book rules:

AA

Great read Mike, you saved me from Google! I will purchase this book. :)

Ad Astra

The Instigator
One who is too lazy to go to the library and crack open a history book is forced to trust Google. :)

Great read Mike, you saved me from Google! I will purchase this book. :)

It is a very good read; was recommended to me by a doctor / military historian.

Knowing the militia wasn't very good, Morgan had them fire twice and take a clean path to retreat, leaving American regulars to stand the line. They knew they wouldn't be over-run and bayonetted, so they kept their part of the bargain and fired carefully. Low. Twice. And got out of there, leaving the blade-to-blade for the pros.

Daniel Morgan was a genius, straight out of Sun Tzu. He knew his men's weaknesses and their strengths. Up to that point, militia was considered of little value ... not their fault. The British Regular was a well-disiciplined enemy. And their Navy was the best in the world! I still don't know how we beat them.

Yes, I do. Because of leadership like Morgan's.

AA

It is a very good read; was recommended to me by a doctor / military historian.

Knowing the militia wasn't very good, Morgan had them fire twice and take a clean path to retreat, leaving American regulars to stand the line. They knew they wouldn't be over-run and bayonetted, so they kept their part of the bargain and fired carefully. Low. Twice. And got out of there, leaving the blade-to-blade for the pros.

Daniel Morgan was a genius, straight out of Sun Tzu. He knew his men's weaknesses and their strengths. Up to that point, militia was considered of little value ... not their fault. The British Regular was a well-disiciplined enemy. And their Navy was the best in the world! I still don't know how we beat them.

Yes, I do. Because of leadership like Morgan's.

AA

There’s a lot of reasons we won. Rifled muskets, Indian tactics and perhaps most of all... mother winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quarantine passed. All is looking good😁
Figured it was as good a time as any to retrieve my newest sporting tool. Beretta Silver Pigeon .12 gauge.
A2144116-AD73-48A4-B21A-080D43353048.jpeg
Very nicely appointed. Superb engraving. Hard case and 5 (yes...five!) chokes.
Only glitch is one of the aforementioned choke tubes was in bad shape right from the get go. Badly scored and a lot of the chrome had peeled. Beretta is sending a new one out today. No worries, I seldom use a full choke anyway.
3EFF1DD4-213C-452C-94CB-2F8717481461.jpeg
2D0E9F5B-BB64-48A5-BE1F-D1E12EE59214.jpeg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Figured it was as good a time as any to retrieve my newest sporting tool. Beretta Silver Pigeon .12 gauge.
View attachment 1186546Very nicely appointed. Superb engraving. Hard case and 5 (yes...five!) chokes.
Only glitch is one of the aforementioned choke tubes was in bad shape right from the get go. Badly scored and a lot of the chrome had peeled. Beretta is sending a new one out today. No worries, I seldom use a full choke anyway.
View attachment 1186549View attachment 1186551
That is just strange...

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
View attachment 1186546Very nicely appointed. Superb engraving. Hard case and 5 (yes...five!) chokes.
View attachment 1186549View attachment 1186551
Beautiful

Top Bottom