Pre shave: Proraso sensitive
Creme: Arko Comfort
Razor: Wilkinson sword butterfly
Blade: Feather (4)
Brush: Wilkinson Pure Bristle
Alum block: Osma
Aftershave: Witch hazel and Proraso sensitive balm

Rating: 8,5/10

A couple weepers and some irritation on the base of my neck because i insisted on a spot with no lather on.

Other than that, effortless bbs shave. The Arko works and smells fine but is not my favourite product.
IMG_20201109_162537_117.jpg

SOTD, November 9, 2020

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Gem Featherweight
Blade: GEM Single Edge
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Solar Flare 24mm
Pre-Shave: PAA Cube 2.0 Mentholated
Lather: Belle's Place Green Irish Tweed
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer
Additional Care:
Alum Block
cold water splash
Thayers Witch Hazel Cucumber Toner
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Monday, Movember 9, 2020
Prep: Hot Shower.
Preshave: Splash of hot water followed Proraso White Preshave.
Cream: TOBS Jermyn Street
Razor: Rockwell 6S #4 Plate
Blade: Feather Shave #3
Postshave: Cold water rinse followed by an Alum Block, followed by a cold water rinse about a minute later. Hyaluronic Acid followed by Nivea Sensitive Skin. After the skin had absorbed the Nivea and Hyaluronic Acid, I applied First Aid Moisturizer.
EDT: None today. I’m on COVID Lockdown and the only one hear to appreciate the EDT is my pampered fur baby.
Note: Since it’s Movember, I did not shave the mustache area.

Monday, 11/9:

20201109_115437.jpg

Razor - Razorock Old Type
Blade - Astra SP
Brush - Some Making Required 26mm Gelousy 2-band
Soap - Tallow & Steel Rainforest 2
A/S - Tallow & Steel Rainforest 2

What a great shave. The brush has a nice medium backbone, very soft, and scrubs up a great lather. This was the best I've gotten from T&S; dense, shiny, creamy stuff with excellent primary and residual slickness, even very well hydrated. Did not require much water to dial in, it was very quick. The RR Old Type is kind of impressing me with how nice the shaves are. It's not the smoothest; the blade sticks out from under the cap quite a bit so there's a bit of chuddering. But it doesn't feel like there's a lot of exposure beyond the shaving plane, and the superb slickness ensured strokes that were smooth enough. The result is a surprisingly close shave with no irritation. Excellent! 👍

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday, Nov 09th 2020

Razor: Gem Junior bar-Mfg 1907-11 Excellent razor, lower mid range, they got things right over 110 years ago with beauty.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(8) Excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity and smooths out nicely.
Soap: Razorock Lavender- excellent lather with nice scent IMO.
Brush: Yaqi lucky dice 26 + mm Tuxedo knot- excellent lather creator with cloud like soft tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on my cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 with pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers =
[IMG]
Excellent shave with my Gem junior bar and Gem coated blade.
Gemonday Nov 9th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

55A46295-3CC2-493E-A1F0-83BCD11D55CD.jpeg

My last 3 Shave of the Day pictures have shown shaving cream cans. I am a badger brush user all the way, but the Mrs and I recently moved to a new house and most of my shaving supplies are packed away during this transition phase. I have enjoyed mixing things up a bit with using vintage Colgate shaving cream cans such as Lanolin, Irish Spring, Aloe, and Regular. This is my first experience with Nozema shaving cream from a can. I also would like to try Santa Maria Novella’s shaving cream in a can. The lather quality of the cans is definitely not on the same level as lathers that can be achieved via badger brush and quality cream or soap. However, I am enjoying trying some of the can varieties during our house moving phase. This is only temporary and I look forward to using a badger brush to mix up some wonderful lather soon.

All the Best,

Mullard

SOTD-WFSR-K_2020-11-09.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 18/44 Pure
Soap: TFS Mandarino Tachibana
Razor: Worlds Finest Safety Razor
Blade: Perma-Sharp (4)
ASL: Iced Orange

WFSR Shave 9:
On my progress chart I'm cruising along the crest of fine shaves. :biggrin:
Mind you, I guess there's still plenty of time to fall into a trough... but I'm keeping my SWB as clean as I can.

Today my new TFS Mandarino Tachibana shaving soap arrived. That was the only minus point of my shave. Don't get me wrong, it worked every bit as well as my beloved Rasozero Agrumella... I just found the scent a little overpowering.* I love citrus, but I guess you can get too much of anything.

Sitting here an hour after my shave, my simple Iced Orange ASL scent has disappeared completely but the Mandarino Tachibana (which is a bit complex, scent wise) is still here in force. I suspect it may be one of those scents that "grows on you," so I'll stick with it for a few more shaves at least.

* Coming under the category of "Linea Intenso" I guess I should have expected this. :letterk1:

Onward!

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

S.O.T.D - Monday, November 09, 2020
Pre-shave:- RazoRock Charcoal Lime PreShave Soap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Roger Quintero 3D Printed
Brush:- AP Shave Co. Winter 30mm
Soap/Cream:- RazoRock P.160
Razor/Blade:- Shick Injector /Schick (2)
Post:- RazoRock Ultimate Alum / Thayers Cucumber WH / RazoRock P.160 Balm
After-shave:- RazoRock P.160

Wonderful smooth shave with some great products, I like this razor but the M1 does feel a tad smoother and there is not as much blade feel as this one. Very enjoyable shave with no burn from the alum.​
20201109_091520.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom