What's new

Timeless Bronze Pass Around Tour

I will get it packed up. Everything fits in a USPS priority mail small box. I would ask that people used that method or else pack it well. The CG case is much smaller. And I do need that back.😊

Please when you receive the razor in the mail CONTACT THE NEXT PERSON VIA PM TO GET THEIR SHIPPING INFO so you have it
If they do not respond post here

I think it would be courteous for each of us to send a picture of the gear to @juno when we receive it. I think some paperwork was lost in the other pass-around, and no one was sure when it happened.

Just post to the pass around thread along with your review. I didn't include the paperwork. Just the razor, stand, and both baseplates
And some nylon washers

Last edited:
Look at what arrived today:

2980163C-AF4C-4732-9231-6DD70A423C22.jpeg

I’ve got it loaded with a GSB and ready to go for tomorrow. Thanks again to @juno for setting this up! I’ll report back after the first shave.

Here was my set up for today:
7E3B1C3A-AB95-4CF8-B3DA-8A1A49188467.jpeg

First I applied some Grooming Dept preshave. Then I lathered up some Tabac, one of my favorite soaps, which serves as a baseline. I used a Simpson Duke 3 Best Badger brush. After the shave I applied an alum block and followed up with a few drops of Grooming Dept serum and some Gillette Cool Wave. For good measure, I spritzed myself with some Ralph Lauren Safari.

Now for the shave...

I’ve wanted to try the Timeless Bronze .78 for a while. Again, thanks again @juno for the opportunity. Despite the .78 gap, it has quite a bit of positive blade exposure.

My daily driver is a Wolfman WR2 1.25, which I’ve been using almost exclusively for about nine months. Some of my other favorites are the Game Changer .84 (both SB and OC), Goodwill #160, R41, and Aristocrat #66. I tried the Timeless .95 stainless in the pass around that just wrapped up. I liked it, but not enough to buy one.

Anyhow, back to the shave. It was a three-pass shave. The razor had a fair amount of blade feel with lots of audible feedback. The razor was loaded with a fresh GSB. I used a steep angle. I didn’t have any weepers, but I did have a little bit of visible irritation on my neck.

The shave was VERY close. BBS to be sure. Perhaps it was too close. I had a fair amount of stinging from the alum and aftershave, revealing the shave was a bit rough, although it didn’t feel that bad as it was happening. I guess I’m used to the uber-smoothness of the Wolfman at this point.

I’ll give it another go on Monday (Sunday is my one day a week off from shaving, and I need a day of recovery anyway.) I’m not passing final judgment at this point—it is quite a razor to be sure in many ways.

Last edited:
It sound like a close shave you got that's great.For some reason I'm not getting notifications on the thread, anyway .

Pre: Grooming Dept
Razor: Timeless Bronze.78
Blade: GSB (2)
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic
Soap: Viking Ragnar

3-pass shave. Again, very close, but rough with a little irritation under my neck. I tried to use as light a touch as possible. I still had too much burn when applying the alum and aftershave.

Although the shave was close, it isn’t as close as what I’ve experienced with some other “aggressive” razors I’ve had, such as the R41 and MK1 Fatip. With those razors, I was able to achieve a close shave that lasted nearly two days. I feel a little stubble now as I run my hand across my face .

Pre: Grooming Dept
Razor: Timeless Bronze.78
Blade: GSB (2)
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic
Soap: Viking Ragnar

3-pass shave. Again, very close, but rough with a little irritation under my neck. I tried to use as light a touch as possible. I still had too much burn when applying the alum and aftershave.

Although the shave was close, it isn’t as close as what I’ve experienced with some other “aggressive” razors I’ve had, such as the R41 and MK1 Fatip. With those razors, I was able to achieve a close shave that lasted nearly two days. I feel a little stubble now as I run my hand across my face .
My experience with the OC was about the same. It felt smooth but even on a 4 day growth I felt some invisible irritation the next day. Like my neck was warm. And I felt stubble quickly. The SB was not irritating but required daily use due to stubble growth.
Thank you for the review.
🌞🌞

Top Bottom