What's new

Timeless Bronze Pass Around Tour

That’s interesting, @juno. On the other thread where the pass around started, people were hypothesizing that you needed to use a steep angle. I’m using a steep angle, but getting similar results.

I did use a steep angle. I learned that from the SB. It's an angle I don't like ATG. Hence the pass around. It is a razor that demands a steep angle. Period. No other way to use it. Not being bitchy. It's just that yes, even using its preferred....mandated even...angle...my results were about the same as yours. It felt okay....no weepers or nicks....but then the irritation set in. Like an afterburn! 😆

Pre: Grooming Dept
Razor: Timeless Bronze.78
Blade: GSB (2)
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic
Soap: Viking Ragnar

3-pass shave. Again, very close, but rough with a little irritation under my neck. I tried to use as light a touch as possible. I still had too much burn when applying the alum and aftershave.

Although the shave was close, it isn’t as close as what I’ve experienced with some other “aggressive” razors I’ve had, such as the R41 and MK1 Fatip. With those razors, I was able to achieve a close shave that lasted nearly two days. I feel a little stubble now as I run my hand across my face .
Just curious what might be a couple of your favorite top razors.

Just curious what might be a couple of your favorite top razors.

My favorite and daily driver is a Wolfman WR2 1.25, which I’ve been using almost exclusively for about nine months. Some of my other favorites are the Game Changer .84 (both SB and OC), Goodwill #160, R41, and British Aristocrat #66. I tried the Timeless .95 stainless in the pass around that just wrapped up. I liked it, but not enough to buy one

My favorite and daily driver is a Wolfman WR2 1.25, which I’ve been using almost exclusively for about nine months. Some of my other favorites are the Game Changer .84 (both SB and OC), Goodwill #160, R41, and British Aristocrat #66. I tried the Timeless .95 stainless in the pass around that just wrapped up. I liked it, but not enough to buy one
My apologies if you had already posted that earlier. But thanks for the information that's always interesting to know. That's a pretty good run with the Wolfman 9 months.
I had the .95 timeless in SS and titanium both. I ended up preferring the titanium cap SS scalloped and titanium handle. I tried the SS OC .95 and the mild a plate what is it a .68. I also tried the SB .95 titanium. I ended up selling the ones I did own.
I really like those boys over at timeless razors, they're fantastic to do business with, can't say enough good things about them.

Guys, I’m embarrassed to admit this, but...:001_unsur

Everything I’ve posted so far on this razor needs to be thrown out. I was just changing the blade, and I realized I had put a nylon washer on the bottom of the post. I must have absent mindedly done this. Obviously, this means that the geometry of the razor was altered and the blade was not fully supported.

I removed said washer and placed a fresh Wizamet in the blade. Tomorrow morning’s shave should give a more accurate read on this razor.

Everything I’ve posted so far on this razor needs to be thrown out. I was just changing the blade, and I realized I had put a nylon washer on the bottom of the post. I must have absent mindedly done this. Obviously, this means that the geometry of the razor was altered and the blade was not fully supported.

I removed said washer and placed a fresh Wizamet in the blade. Tomorrow morning’s shave should give a more accurate read on this razor.
Well no cut, so I guess it was a shim of more blade gap, Or less.

Do you mean not just between the handle and Base plate like I shipped it? I guess that could change things.

No need to be embarrassed. We have all been there in some way or another...i have a scar on my thumb to prove that point!
😂

Last edited:
Do you mean not just between the handle and Base plate like I shipped it? I guess that could change things.

Yes, when it arrived I noticed the washer between the base plate and the handle. In fiddling around with it I guess I slipped it between the blade and the baseplate like so:
23E3AEE3-42E6-46EA-A5ED-D4C609C21681.jpeg

In effect, the blade has been fairly unsupported from the bottom.

MPre: Grooming Dept
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium
Soap: Martin de Candre Vetyver

This shave was much more comfortable. After I corrected my user error with the nylon washer, I experienced a relatively smooth 3-pass shave. Not nearly as aggressive per my previous erroneous impression. The shave was very close—not quite BBS, but almost. This is a nice razor, IMO—smooth, but not quite Wolfman smooth. Efficient—but not quite R41 efficient.

Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (2)
Soap: Stirling Spice

3-pass shave. Decent DFS. Nothing spectacularly out of the ordinary. Tomorrow I’m going to try a Feather in it.

Razor: Timeless Bronze .78
Blade: Feather (1)
Soap: Grooming Dept Melody

This was my last shave with this razor. It was a 3-pass shave. I used a fresh Feather, Today’s shave was a little closer—almost BBS. The Feather made a bit of a difference, as I suspected it would.

I just shipped this razor off to @CzechCzar. Here are my thoughts. This is a nice razor. If I spent more time with this razor, I could easily have satisfactory and even excellent shaves. I like the Timeless head design in some ways. It makes it intuitive to me to find the right angle. (On the minus side, it’s a bit bulky, making it hard to reach under the nose.)

I will not, however, be buying one. I know this particular model has its fans and detractors. To me, this is a decent, mid-efficiency razor. I found it relatively smooth, but not in the same league as my Wolfman (which I didn’t expect.) I did expect, however, a little more efficiency. Three passes with reasonable concentration tended to yield decent DFS, but fell short of my other favorites (Wolfman WR2 1.25, Game Changer .84, Gillette Goodwill #160, and R41).

I do appreciate the opportunity to try this razor. Thanks again, @juno!

Top Bottom