What's new

Run on Ammo?

welp, the head to town trip planned for tomorrow will definately have 20 and 410 on the list. Bud decided Mr Cottonmouth needed a mouth hug and a series of "shake it all about"s. I'm going to give him the kill and take an assist on this one.

Attachments

• em3600[1].gif
    em3600[1].gif
    1.5 KB · Views: 8

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
If you buy online, once you get your order, check the boxes....
I got some orders....and left the boxes alone. Just checked today and one box of 25 had 22rds....to late to fight.... this was Academy.
That's no bueno.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
We have to take this bug seriously. That house-eater that was chewing on our siding came down with COVID-19, and man was it quick. No respirator could have saved him!

AA :kyle1:

I had an infestation of Boxelder bugs a few years ago.

23354fbdafd330b7d7f04e6a6a9e0e8b.jpg

Those things are tough and wore a foam coating of RAID! around like a white tuxedo haha. It took some reading but I found out they have a wax coating on their shells that repels most pesticides. The ammonia in Windex however, strips that wax coating and they die almost instantly. On the plus side, you get to clean your outside walls at the same time haha.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I had an infestation of Boxelder bugs a few years ago.

View attachment 1090425

Those things are tough and wore a foam coating of RAID! around like a white tuxedo haha. It took some reading but I found out they have a wax coating on their shells that repels most pesticides. The ammonia in Windex however, strips that wax coating and they die almost instantly. On the plus side, you get to clean your outside walls at the same time haha.

Now that's interesting.

Never could figure out why that great land to the north has so many, and such mean, bugs!

The cold SHOULD kill them, but apparently it just kills the weak ones!

AA

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
The cold SHOULD kill them, but apparently it just kills the weak ones!

They love vinyl siding. They get behind it and winter there then come out when the suns warms things up. Windex is a wonderful cleaner of vinyl siding haha.

We also have these, Wolf Spiders, which I'd shoot if I could. .22 shot shells are just the thing for them.

qc34530doju11.jpg

I've seen them up north 4"s long. They dont hunt with a web, they hunt on foot prowling and stalking, hence the name. There was one on a fishing trip once that decided the best place to hunt was from under the Coleman stove on the table. Better there than in my tent, or worse yet, inside the case for my sunglasses. That'll wake ya up in a goddam hurry haha.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
They love vinyl siding. They get behind it and winter there then come out when the suns warms things up. Windex is a wonderful cleaner of vinyl siding haha.

We also have these, Wolf Spiders, which I'd shoot if I could. .22 shot shells are just the thing for them.

View attachment 1090539

I've seen them up north 4"s long. They dont hunt with a web, they hunt on foot prowling and stalking, hence the name. There was one on a fishing trip once that decided the best place to hunt was from under the Coleman stove on the table. Better there than in my tent, or worse yet, inside the case for my sunglasses. That'll wake ya up in a goddam hurry haha.
I stomped the first wolf spider I ever saw. Then I saw all these little things scurry away- they carry their young around. It may sound funny, but I felt bad about that, and haven’t killed one since. I have relocated a few.

I stomped the first wolf spider I ever saw. Then I saw all these little things scurry away- they carry their young around. It may sound funny, but I felt bad about that, and haven’t killed one since. I have relocated a few.
Man, I was mowing my lawn and ran over a bunny nest or whatever it’s called. A burrow Maybe? Anyway, good lord! The screaming was horrific! I felt horrible. Aside from the already dead, we had to kill one on the spot that was writhing in pain. The others we put in the shade and let mom come get em. I had a loopy earless bunny in my yard that summer.

Now I’d kill a rabbit any day of the week, but running baby's over with the lawnmower messed up my poop! I can still hear those things squeaking! Stupid rabbits. When my yard gets crazy in the spring I always check now.

If you buy online, once you get your order, check the boxes....
I got some orders....and left the boxes alone. Just checked today and one box of 25 had 22rds....to late to fight.... this was Academy.

That really does suck, and that really is "no bueno" I have bought a bunch of ammo from Academy in the past, shotgun shells actually, and they make a sweet heart of a load in 1oz 1350 that I love shooting for sporting clays, however I've always gotten nicely tapped and sealed flats within 4 days or sooner of ordering. I do recall reading on a shooting forum that some guys were ordering 20 boxes plus of shotgun ammo and instead of them sending two flats, which is ten boxes each, whoever packaged them up would literally just grab 20 boxes of ammo and chuck them into a much bigger box then needed resulting in loose shotgun shells everywhere within the box.

I've always been a fan of the Monarch brand of ammo

Top Bottom