What's new

Run on Ammo?

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
you do know they eat just fine and are easy to clean, yeah?

I drew the line at eating rodents myself, but I did use to hunt them with friends. Living in the city I am, we cant even legally kill them so its not an option anyway.

all my tree rats were country rats, so they had clean diets, but I do take your point. live trapping isn't hunting but eradicating, and "what does it matter my means of disposal?" would be my defense.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
all my tree rats were country rats, so they had clean diets, but I do take your point. live trapping isn't hunting but eradicating, and "what does it matter my means of disposal?" would be my defense.

Its the law here. The only reason you can kill something here is for hunting or trapping. Squirrels are considered small game so you need a small game license to hunt them and there is no hunting inside the city limits.

To live trap and release somewhere else is even technically against the city bylaws, but to trap and kill requires a trapping license and seeing as they arent a "fur bearing animal" yada yada lol.

This was the reaction to a neighbor with a pellet gun in August 2018. Pellet guns are a pretty big no no in this city as they found out.

I had to dig for the picture, but this is what happens here when a pellet gun is seen.

5738fe7576adf6b198d24c8ec188bfb8b2620bb4.jpg

There were 13 cruisers total and at least 8 cops in full combat gear with AR15's shouldered and ready, because of a 'man with a gun' call which was actually a teenager with a pellet gun and two grown men in their yard.

It all took place adjacent to the backyard of the house next to me where the one cruiser is in the lane way, like an alleyway. More cruisers around the corner and they had the entire property surrounded.

"GET ON THE F'ING GROUND, NOW! FACE IN THE F'ING DIRT. I'LL F'ING SHOOT YOU!" because of a pellet gun in his own back yard.

He was arrested and 2 pellet guns seized. One CO2 rifle and one spring piston .177 handgun. I dont blame the police, they have no idea what they're walking into, but wow.

Until I have to defend the life of myself or others from them, the squirrels are pretty safe lol.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I did that too one year; got 22 or 23! Marked it on a calendar. You don't realize how many there are!

Released into a squirrel-dense area, they immediately learned the trees are already claimed ... The conflicts were worth watching!

AA

I can appreciate cheap entertainment!

Prices at Walmart were normal. I usually don't or at least try no to buy at regular retail , but figured I had better add a few boxes back to my pile. I shoot 12-15 boxes weekly. I don't know if and when I'll be able to stock up on them at a discount again.

The three Wal-Mart's close to me no longer sell handgun ammo, but the shotgun ammo and limited rifle ammo are still priced pretty good.

I don't think any Walmart is selling handgun ammo, except .22 LR. At least that is what my neighbor who manages the sporting goods at local Walmart says.

Walmart. They’ll sell your rage induced neighbor multiple opioid refills a month, but refuses to sell you any handgun ammo lol! Arg. I hate that place.

My local WM is a gun friendly as corporate will allow them to be. They have a large selection of guns, ammo, and reloading equipment and components....at least compared to other WMs in the area. They will order clay targets by the pallet for the clay clubs. The sporting goods manager noticed me loading a cart with a certain harder to find shotgun shell. He told me they would keep them available for me. He said if I found the shelves empty to ask and they would probably have them in the back for me.

Top Bottom