What's new

Gamechanger .68 open comb

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I ordered mine with UPS delivery (versus USPS). It arrived safely yesterday.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 82
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 78
Still in Chi-town. I'm patient though, I also have a a Karve coming, and that may take substantially longer.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I ordered mine with UPS delivery (versus USPS). It arrived safely yesterday.

Have you shaved with it yet? Placed my order today. I was considering the .68 JAWS as well, but figured if I need more efficiency I can just go for the .84 SB - not sure if skipping the JAWS pickup was a mistake or not.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
And how does it shave.....

Ours are stuck in Chic
I would say it’s very mild for an open comb, with good (not great) efficiency. If I’m in the mood for a leisurely 3-pass shave and a desire for a 12-14 hour BBS, this fits the bill.

I also think it will make a great travel razor. Would never take my Wolfman out of my den!

Same here. Still stuck in the windy city.
I'm not in on the GC 68OC, but I'll weigh in to say that I have had a similar experience recently with the customs hang up on an order from IB. They used to ship USPS from over on the US side; Niagra Falls, I believe. My orders shipped this way always came in pretty promptly. But my last order went via Canada Post and it was stuck in Chicago for what seemed like a very long time. I don't know why they switched; either cost, or regulatory/customs issues? In any event, it's kind of a pain for us US customers, which I have to assume comprise a majority of their business.

Fwiw my last three IB orders showed as being stuck in Chicago until they were delivered, all within a day or two of the estimated delivery date.

Fwiw my last three IB orders showed as being stuck in Chicago until they were delivered, all within a day or two of the estimated delivery date.

That is what I am hoping for! I wonder if the tracking services Canada Post and USPS have negotiated and agreed on for these type of packages stops after it clears customs?

That is what I am hoping for! I wonder if the tracking services Canada Post and USPS have negotiated and agreed on for these type of packages stops after it clears customs?
My last order was about two months ago, and did show tracking every step of the way; it took less than 24 hours to clear customs and update tracking. It one scan when it arrived the Chicago distribution center, one when it arrived to the local distribution center, one when it was in my city and the the out for delivery one. But it also can happen.

shipments from Russia are no treat...

My last order was about two months ago, and did show tracking every step of the way; it took less than 24 hours to clear customs and update tracking. It one scan when it arrived the Chicago distribution center, one when it arrived to the local distribution center, one when it was in my city and the the out for delivery one. But it also can happen.
Yes, I suspect it depends on what level of service they send the package with. First class vs priority vs parcel vs media mail, etc.

Still waiting!

Yes, I suspect it depends on what level of service they send the package with. First class vs priority vs parcel vs media mail, etc.

Still waiting!

Another day, another mailbox check....still no package. The mystery continues.

Still waiting!
They were both sent by first class tracked packet. I believe that it may be more due to a bottle neck because of valentines day. Maybe the have an increased volume of shipments while their staff remains the same, I received one during black friday weekend, but I believe customs may have more manpower during holiday season. is yours shipping by itself? last time I had a couple of soaps and things that gave it a little more volume.

Mine is shipping with a jar of Proraso pre-shave cream. Still in Chicago, and there's no longer an expected delivery date.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

They were both sent by first class tracked packet. I believe that it may be more due to a bottle neck because of valentines day. Maybe the have an increased volume of shipments while their staff remains the same, I received one during black friday weekend, but I believe customs may have more manpower during holiday season. is yours shipping by itself? last time I had a couple of soaps and things that gave it a little more volume.

Mine had a .68 OC head, top cap, handle, and a B&M soap. I figured the soap would have bumped it up to a cardboard box, but I guess we will find out when they actually show up.

Top Bottom