What's new

AR Pistol/SBR in .300 Black Out build.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
2EE19EF4-F31F-4CC1-A299-1853A5D0A535.jpeg

Barrel installed, hand guard in place, still missing gas tube and adjustable gas block.

9FDC9CC4-D775-498C-A8C8-EFE6DB29BD6B.jpeg

Noveske "Flaming Pig" comp in place. Still missing pieces parts, but over all length established, which is 27 .75 in. with arm brace collapsed.

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
1765AEE4-570B-4816-B41C-AAB55FDB9437.jpeg

Magazines purchased for .300 BO build, 2 each Lancer 10 rnd .300 BO mags w/ FDE base, one inserted. One Magpul 10 rnd. 5.56 generic mag., two 20 rnd. 5.56 generic mags, 1 Magpul .300 BO 30 rnd. mag. It will be interesting to see if the .300 BO specific mags make any difference function wise.

Last edited:

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
That's looking pretty sweet. I can't wait to hear how it shoots once its completed and you have a chance to put some rounds through it.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Me to! Once the build is complete I'll start a new thread on how it shoots.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
The JP Silent Captured Spring unit came in today. I had to cancel an order of back ordered items and place alternate orders. This will delay things at least a week. I'll be out of town anyways.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
So I installed the JP SCS unit. The instructions mention removing the standard spring and detent that holds the regular buffer in place. I decided not to do it, because I would have to untighten the castle nut and back out the extension tube. But I then realized the reason that they advise that. Trying to remove the JP SCS is hampered by the detent, in that it hangs up in the grooves for the O-rings between the weighted section of the SCS buffer unit. So eventually I will remove the buffer retaining detent, because it is a PITA trying to depress the detent with some improvised method, in order to remove the unit for routine maintenance.

Very nice; esp. for 300 Black, I think a 10.5" barrel is perfect. Aero Precision makes nice uppers and lowers. The Noveske muzzle device works well, I have one. I think you are in for a lot of fun!

Last edited:
OBTW - for the bolt catch roll pin, Brownells has a punch that is flat on one side so you can get right in there w/o marring the receiver.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I have a flat sided punch, but not from Brownell's, featured earlier in this thread. Shown in post # 51.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I would really like to know how you like that pistol brace; been looking at them lately.
I obviously have not shot the gun yet, but from just shouldering the gun, W/O sights, I think it will be just fine. BUIS are due to arrive tomorrow.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
901D8AEC-31AC-454C-BC94-1CA416C608B2.jpeg
13BCF5A4-D983-4974-ADE6-DA99125EDFE1.jpeg

A couple of views of the extended mag release button by V Seven Weapon Systems.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
7A15CD35-5197-49C8-8874-4A49DDB9728D.jpeg
82412EFA-5DFA-40EC-93CA-A9F33C1DC74A.jpeg

Troy Battle Sights with HK style front. Kinda awkward taking pic through sights with cell phone. Charging handle in photo borrowed from one of my Bushmaster ARs. This will be all that I can do until I return from a Thanksgiving trip up to Yankee territory to visit family. Gas tube came in today, but still awaiting adjustable gas block and charging handle, hopefully they will be waiting on me when I get back!

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I've already had the scope for some time, But the LaRue mount is back ordered. I may have to use a temporary solution if possible, or just stick with iron sights for now. I completed the build this AM, installing the adjustable gas port and gas tube. However, the gas port can't really be adjusted with the handgard in place. So I left the port wide open for now. I hope to take it to the range sometime later today for a function check and initial sight in with the BUIS. Look for a new thread regarding range work!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I've already had the scope for some time, But the LaRue mount is back ordered. I may have to use a temporary solution if possible, or just stick with iron sights for now. I completed the build this AM, installing the adjustable gas port and gas tube. However, the gas port can't really be adjusted with the handgard in place. So I left the port wide open for now. I hope to take it to the range sometime later today for a function check and initial sight in with the BUIS. Look for a new thread regarding range work!

I'd just have fun with the irons until your mount gets in. :)

Top Bottom