What's new

Kino Build AR Pistol

A Kino build is a 12.5" barrel carbine length gas system with a F front sight block at the mid length position. This allows for mid length hand guards and sight radius for irons. The plan is to turn it into a registered SBR, so I got a very plain Shockwave Blade brace. I am very happy with this configuration. I bought a Bravo Company upper. I have had good luck with these in the past so I got another. The lower is an OD green Aero Precision. I used a lacquer stick to highlight the lettering and logos. I got a "budget" Geissele B-G2S-E two stage trigger, It is fantastic and a great value. The rear sight assembly is a Rock River and seems to be well made. Some irons I have seen at gun shows look they are made for air soft guns. A very plain rifle but this is exactly the configuration I wanted and will eventually be a dandy SBR.
IMG_0127.JPG
IMG_0129.JPG

The astute reader may notice that the front pivot pin has a dull finish and the rear take down pin has a gloss finish. That's because the lower parts kit I received from Palmetto State Armory did not have the front pivot pin! That's so annoying. I scrounged one from spare parts.

Top Bottom