What's new

Hot sauce junkie

Thanks. Checked it today. Some bubbles, so seems like it's "cooking"
Let us know how the green pepper's ferment. I have been working under the impression that it is best to use fully ripe (red/yellow) peppers that have developed more sugar and have lost some of their "veggie" bitterness.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Made a double batch of Big O's Hot Stuff from my Habaneros I picked today.
That should help keep me warm over winter. :)

@oc_in_fw Love that fresh lime, habanero flavour.

20190526_134952 (2).jpg

20190526_154700.jpg

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
The lime really sets it off. I need to make a batch.

Time for a promotion. :)

I made a batch of mustard habanero hot sauce a few weeks back as well. Another nice blend of flavours.
I gave one to my brother but still have a good amount left.

20190406_124114.jpg

Last edited:

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Time for a promotion. :)

I made a batch of mustard habanero hot sauce a few weeks back as well. Another nice blend of flavours.
I gave one to my brother but still have a good amount left.

View attachment 984184

I've been experimenting with making my own mustard and it looks like I will have a lot of habaneros from the garden this year (fingers crossed) so planning on making some habanero mustard later this year.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I've been experimenting with making my own mustard and it looks like I will have a lot of habaneros from the garden this year (fingers crossed) so planning on making some habanero mustard later this year.

The two go together well in my opion. Hopfuly you get the volume of habanerors you're after.
Looking forward to seeing what you make.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I hope you’ll post what you come up with. I grind and mix my own mustard often.

Mustard, so simple but so much better when made yourself! I made a batch with 1/2 of it made in to "double hot", added some serrano pepper powder from last years dried peppers. Hot!

Top Bottom