What's new

Timeless Stainless Razors

I have not ever had the ss 95 but I did have a .68 smooth bar. The ss 68 was smoother but that is to be expected because it is mild but the Ti95 has a softer face feel. It sounds odd but that is the only way I can describe it. One thing to remember if you get a titanium is to not add pressure. The first time I used mine I had a rough shave because I added pressure. After that I have been getting the best shaves of my life. I will add I started using the SSSST skin stretch method. That has improved my shaves and kept me from irritation and bumps. I recommend the Ti95 wholeheartedly. Hope this helps.
Happy shaves
SMURF
I am so tempted by the titanium version, have you compared it's shave against the stainless steel version?

Andy

I have not ever had the ss 95 but I did have a .68 smooth bar. The ss 68 was smoother but that is to be expected because it is mild but the Ti95 has a softer face feel. It sounds odd but that is the only way I can describe it. One thing to remember if you get a titanium is to not add pressure. The first time I used mine I had a rough shave because I added pressure. After that I have been getting the best shaves of my life. I will add I started using the SSSST skin stretch method. That has improved my shaves and kept me from irritation and bumps. I recommend the Ti95 wholeheartedly. Hope this helps.
Happy shaves
SMURF
Thank you for that. Food for thought!!
I am really erring toward the Titanium, I have an ATT Highly Polished SS Razor and love it, but think it's time to try something different in the mix.
Just hard to get my head around a very light weight razor and how it compares to the Heavy SS Razors also a lot of money to blow on a whim!!

Andy

Thank you for that. Food for thought!!
I am really erring toward the Titanium, I have an ATT Highly Polished SS Razor and love it, but think it's time to try something different in the mix.
Just hard to get my head around a very light weight razor and how it compares to the Heavy SS Razors also a lot of money to blow on a whim!!

Andy
I feel like most people prefer the titanium version. It doesn't really feel all that light to me.

It really makes me curious how the shave is from SB to scalloped to OC plates. I just got the smooth capped scalloped plate .95ss, those barber pole stainless steel handles are beefy. I'm liking the shaver though.

I have the Timeless Titanium in dual comb OC/Scalloped .95 and a .68 smooth plate. The dual comb is wonderful for me. I use the open most of the time but flip it to the scalloped side for a final pass. Dont add pressure to the Titanium, the weight is deceiving. I prefer a lighter weight razor. No with that said... I also have the Timeless Bronze .38 smooth comb. I could use it everyday on my face if needed. It also gives a quick awesome head shave. I've had the time to take lately and have been doing my head shaves with the Titanium lately and it's been wonderful. If in a hurry I will grab the Bronze for the head. Honestly, I don't use the .68 smooth plate hardly at all. Gives a great shave but I prefer the .95. These are my only razors withe the exception of a Fatboy I need more experience with. Everything else is gone.

It really makes me curious how the shave is from SB to scalloped to OC plates. I just got the smooth capped scalloped plate .95ss, those barber pole stainless steel handles are beefy. I'm liking the shaver though.
I found the .68 ti scalloped to be noticeably more efficient but noticeably less smooth that its SB counterpart. For the .95 plate, the SB is also noticeably smoother and efficiency is perfect for me. Overall, the .95 SB plate is my favorite.

I found the .68 ti scalloped to be noticeably more efficient but noticeably less smooth that its SB counterpart. For the .95 plate, the SB is also noticeably smoother and efficiency is perfect for me. Overall, the .95 SB plate is my favorite.
Thanks guys, I'll just started down this rabbit hole, good so far the SS .95 scalloped saving me some buffing. I've got a shaving buddy that's going to loan a dual comb .95 On/SB shaving buddies are great. And I've got a TI 95 SB on the way, and I might have an extra top cap to get rid of from it, let's see. I'm definitely seeing what you all like about these.

Congrats, Whiskey79. I don’t think you will be disappointed. Will be curious to know what you think. Now with respect with the blade to use, I recommend the Polsilver. I was a feather blade guy for the longest but for me personally it didn’t go well with the timeless. The timeless does well with smoother type blades and I’ve read many other posts which echo this.

I'm in the minority here. I felt the craftsmanship was outstanding but I did not like the razor. I had both the .68 and .95 in the smooth bar and solid cap. The razor cut me every time I used it in either configuration; not a nick or a weeper, but a full on cut. For comparison, I use a Muhle R41 and a Karve OC. The Timeless for me was unusable on my head. I gave mine away after fighting with it for a few months.
That would be quite a minority in deed... I would say that if you were "cutting" yourself with the Timeless, .68 or .95, and are used to using an R41 without any then that is certainly curious!! Not to say I don't ever get any weepers from either on my .95's, I've never actually cut myself with them and there are times when I catch myself acting quite recklessly with them as I've grown quite accustomed shaving with mt Ti95 for well over a year now. Maybe you were using the wrong blade in them as well as the wrong angle? I would bet its one of those that were the culprit but as we all know, every razor out these isn't for everyone!!

I would say that if you were "cutting" yourself with the Timeless, .68 or .95, and are used to using an R41 without any then that is certainly curious!!

I can understand this. The R41 becomes very predictable when you get used to it. I didn't have problems with the Timeless OC .95 when I had one, on the other hand. I now have a Bronze OC .78 and that does need more thought than the R41.

If anyone is in need of a Timeless, I have one for sale in the BST. .68 Scalloped (Base & Cap). Plaid Handle. Excellent condition.

I'm a bit late to this since you've put in an order, but in case you can still make changes I'd also consider the Bronze OC .78. I preferred it to the stainless .95 OC. It's cheaper too. I'd also consider getting the Titanium handle since it's a lot lighter. Depends if you like heavy razors - the Bronze with stock handle is 129g. The OC .95 with H1 handle is 112g. You can look up reviews of the Bronze and the SS OC .95. The Bronze is a little more efficient with more blade feel. The SS is smoother, with less blade feel and a touch less efficient.

I’m not too concerned about weight in a handle, but otherwise I agree with this 100%.

Though I very much enjoy my stainless .95 OC with a scalloped top cap...

Last edited:
Congrats on the Timeless! I have a Feather AS-D2 and several Timeless razors including two SS. I prefer the Timeless razors.

Attachments

• 59DD5515-4247-4228-B0C0-74BEAE7B01B7.jpeg
    59DD5515-4247-4228-B0C0-74BEAE7B01B7.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 39
you fellas have given me an idea.. want to test out this lighter handle theory and just chucked on my rockwell 6C handle onto my stainless timeless 0.95 SB.. looking forward to tomorrows shave :)

Top Bottom