What's new

Timeless Stainless Razors

This week I'm able to use to a borrowed SS .95 OC/SB plate. The first shave with a one-day beard on the open comb side pretty good and maybe a little more efficient then my scalloped bar. Going against the grain on my neck was like most razors kind of difficult. When I flipped it over to the SB I feel like I lost some of the efficiency, possibly. More shaves to go with it, very cool to get to try things from shaving friends.

Hi @Keto.. from what you said the efficiency of the OC is barely noticeable? how about the audio feedback?

@StratMan I can't tell it's a little more harsh than the scalloped plate maybe more efficient,the jury still out. I'll try tomorrow in a 2 day beard with a different blade. It is a little noisier van the SB side. It's got like a different deeper tone or pitch it appears to me. See how it goes tomorrow with this one

cheers @Keto.. looking forward to your thoughts are you progress with it. I would like to up the efficiency of my 0.95 SS but if the OC is only marginal i may be better off giving the Bronze 0.78 OC a go....

cheers @Keto.. looking forward to your thoughts are you progress with it. I would like to up the efficiency of my 0.95 SS but if the OC is only marginal i may be better off giving the Bronze 0.78 OC a go....
Well sir I'm not going to say yay or nay to that one because I don't have the experience with this one enough to actually tell you. Somebody else probably has more experience with that. I can tell you I think I can use my scalloped plate stainless steel 95 probably every day, but I don't think I can use that OC everyday, so that being said I would say it probably is more efficient, but I've only got a few shaves with in all of my timeless equipment. @StratMan, I'm going to say it's probably a step in the right direction for you, I don't know how big of step though.
They do say those bronze up the aggression or efficiency, though don't they?

yeah from what i have read the bronze timeless is a big step up in blade feel and efficiency to the 0.95 SS or Ti.. but i feel this maybe a bit much for me anyway.

if you dont feel you can use the 0.95 OC as a daily driver I reckon it will be enough of a step for me.

yeah from what i have read the bronze timeless is a big step up in blade feel and efficiency to the 0.95 SS or Ti.. but i feel this maybe a bit much for me anyway.

if you dont feel you can use the 0.95 OC as a daily driver I reckon it will be enough of a step for me.
That's kind of what I'm thinking, possibly right for you.

My Timeless Bronze SB was my second purchase of a modern razor (ATT R1 was the first). I have to say that I love this razor. I love the heft and it provides me with fine shave loaded with a GSB. My next modern razor will be a Timeless SS. I know that I can't go wrong with a Timeless.

cheers @Keto

I would like to up the efficiency of my 0.95 SS but if the OC is only marginal i may be better off giving the Bronze 0.78 OC a go....

I much prefer my Bronze OC .78 to the OC SS .95 which I sold off - not enough blade feel or audio feedback, and just a bit meh. The Bronze is indeed more efficient - cuts better. I use it with a titanium handle, stock handle is too heavy.

Neither of them is better than the R41 with a titanium handle, but the Bronze is on the same kind of level. These are my two best razors.

Muhle R41+Bronze.jpg

I found the .68 ti scalloped to be noticeably more efficient but noticeably less smooth that its SB counterpart. For the .95 plate, the SB is also noticeably smoother and efficiency is perfect for me. Overall, the .95 SB plate is my favorite.

I have all three variants of the .95. I have the SB & OC in stainless and the SC in titanium. I love the smoothness of the SB.

I much prefer my Bronze OC .78 to the OC SS .95 which I sold off - not enough blade feel or audio feedback, and just a bit meh. The Bronze is indeed more efficient - cuts better. I use it with a titanium handle, stock handle is too heavy.

Neither of them is better than the R41 with a titanium handle, but the Bronze is on the same kind of level. These are my two best razors.

View attachment 982262

I like heft in a razor, so the heavy handle of the Bronze is a plus for me.

Hey all,

So thought I would update as I have a few shaves under my belt with the new razor. To recap, I went with the stainless in scalloped base and cap with the .95 gap, and chose the matte finish. Have tried Astra SPs and a Feather in the razor. And, take my review with the fact that I’m still a noob at DE.

So far, love the razor. First shave had a weeper or two on my neck when I went ATG, but that is on my technique and has happened with all my razors. Other than that, this thing is fantastic. I like the larger gap as I have dark, coarse whiskers (Mediterranean/Italian) and the razor really gives a great shave on them. Usually pretty damn smooth after two passes and a cleanup. I really like the heft of the stainless, but that is a personal thing obviously.

The craftsmanship? Well, if you have one you know: it is amazingly well built. If anyone was on the fence, I’d say don’t worry and buy. Especially given their 30 day returns, you can swap out the configuration if you think you need to adjust.

Treat yourself to a tuck of Nacets, super sharp, but oh so much smoother than the Astra SP blade, and a bit more than a Feather, which is surprisingly smooth in a Timeless. The Astra was my go-to for years, until trying a Nacet, which is now my preferred in several of my razors, including my Timeless 95 OC. Used the combo this morning to knock down three days (74-75 hours actually), not having shaved since early Friday morning. - I have rather quick growing stiff gray scruff, that more resembled 5-6 days for most others I know.

While the Feathers are surprisingly smooth, alas they're ready to be replaced after around 3 shaves, while the Nacet typically can make it into double digits w/o drama. (A GSB is 6-7 shaves by comparison, at least on my face, but very smooth).

Treat yourself to a tuck of Nacets, super sharp, but oh so much smoother than the Astra SP blade, and a bit more than a Feather, which is surprisingly smooth in a Timeless. The Astra was my go-to for years, until trying a Nacet, which is now my preferred in several of my razors, including my Timeless 95 OC. Used the combo this morning to knock down three days (74-75 hours actually), not having shaved since early Friday morning. - I have rather quick growing stiff gray scruff, that more resembled 5-6 days for most others I know.

While the Feathers are surprisingly smooth, alas they're ready to be replaced after around 3 shaves, while the Nacet typically can make it into double digits w/o drama. (A GSB is 6-7 shaves by comparison, at least on my face, but very smooth).

Thx for the recommendation. I actually have some on the way I think in a sampler pack I ordered. I’ll pull that one out first and give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, Nacets are always interesting because they're genuinely sharp. Alongside them I'd try GSB and Yellow Sharpedge. One or all of those three should work well. I'd put Astra SP a little way behind, though smooth, and Personna Red and Polsilver further behind again.

amazing how much YMMV is in this hobby.. I bought a few pucks of nacets after reading so many good things about them here and used them twice in my timeless, i just cant get along with them, way to rough for me. I still have one at work that i used once and plan to try it again as i have been told they smooth out after the first shave, when i get around to it, it may be my last fling with these blades.

for me, the Polsilvers are in a world of their own, plenty sharp and super smooth is the key point with these razors for me.. amazing..

I also used feathers in my timeless, which are super sharp, sharper than the polsilvers but not as smooth. Also these only last me for 2-3 shaves.

Persona Platinums are also nice, not as sharp as the polsivers but again they are smooth for me

View attachment 982262

the look of the bronze razor is simply beautiful, and on looks alone i would buy in a heart beat. I will be getting either a 0.95 OC base plate or the 0.78 BR OC. Wont be getting anything till xmas so have plenty of time to decide and improve on my technique with the timeless. If this one starts feeling mild i will be going the bronze

the look of the bronze razor is simply beautiful, and on looks alone i would buy in a heart beat. I will be getting either a 0.95 OC base plate or the 0.78 BR OC. Wont be getting anything till xmas so have plenty of time to decide and improve on my technique with the timeless. If this one starts feeling mild i will be going the bronze
Don't know about .95 OC butbBronze OC is definitely very heavy and aggressive when used with stock handle

Don't know about .95 OC butbBronze OC is definitely very heavy and aggressive when used with stock handle

I asked Timeless whether they could offer a lighter hollowed out handle in bronze but they weren't interested in the slightest. Very few manufacturers have any interest in this solution. But solid SS, copper, brass or bronze is heavy when it gets to 85mm and 12.8mm wide. Like around 80g and upwards. The head of the Bronze weighs 45g and the handle 85g. The handle alone weighs as much as a lot of complete razors.

The good thing about titanium is that for a length of 85mm you can go up to a width of 14mm and still come in at 50g. So nicer to hold. Titanium is hard and looks nice. It's the perfect solution.

Top Bottom