What's new

Timeless Stainless Razors

Hey guys

How do those of you who own a Timeless stainless DE razor like them? Looks like they run around $250 depending on options, and curious how they compare quality wise to say the Feather stainless. Want to make sure they hold up long term before I buy.

Thx for the feedback.

Best razor I’ve ever owned! I’ve had mine for a few years now and I still love it. One thing I really like about their razors, is that they are modular. I originally bought the long pineapple handle with scalloped plate, which is great. Eventually, I got curious about open comb, so I then purchased an open comb plate (.68mm). Then I was curious about the smooth bar/cap and knurled handle, which is probably my favorite combo. It’s very smooth if you are an every day/other day shaver but even if you had several days growth, I’m sure it would peel through it. I did want to mention, I have very mild tea stains on the underside of my older scallop cap but it doesn’t really bother me. This is still a very high quality product and it’s beautiful.

Thanks man. I was thinking of getting the knurled handle with scalloped base plate and cap, with .95 blade gap. The milder gap makes me think it would shave closer to the Feather, which is too mild for me. I’m still really new to DE shaving, but I also am the type that has a 5 o’clock shadow by lunch time and shave only every 2-3 day, so thinking the more aggressive gap would be better, even if I have to suffer a little while getting the hang of it.

If you get a shadow by noon, why do you only shave every 2-3 days? In my opinion, you should try daily shaving. It rocks.

I have the .95 open comb, scalloped cap and it's one of the smoothest razors I own while being very efficient. This razor will last me several lifetimes. I don't think you'll ever regret getting one. I know it's tough to fork over those $$$ for it, but it's truly worth it.

Yeah, I know, I will get there. DE shaving is much more satisfying than cartridge so I will probably move over to daily shaves soon.
If you get a shadow by noon, why do you only shave every 2-3 days? In my opinion, you should try daily shaving. It rocks.

Just ordered one. Ouch that’s a lot for a razor.
I am confident the overall quality of the razor and the overall quality of the shave will have you soon forgetting about the money you spent for it. Congratulations on the new razor.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

I'm a bit late to this since you've put in an order, but in case you can still make changes I'd also consider the Bronze OC .78. I preferred it to the stainless .95 OC. It's cheaper too. I'd also consider getting the Titanium handle since it's a lot lighter. Depends if you like heavy razors - the Bronze with stock handle is 129g. The OC .95 with H1 handle is 112g. You can look up reviews of the Bronze and the SS OC .95. The Bronze is a little more efficient with more blade feel. The SS is smoother, with less blade feel and a touch less efficient.

My Timeless 95 OC is one of my favorites, and yields a BBS shave in two passes with the right blade. I find mine to be just a little blade sensitive, with Nacet, GSBs, and Feathers being very smooth, and easy to bang out a shave with. Rapaira Platinum Lux blades, almost as good, but don't care for using an Astra SP in mine, as they're not quite sharp & smooth enough for me in my Timeless. (I have gray coarse hair these days, and tend to favor sharper blades, which tend to give me a smoother shave). Wilkinson Sword (German) blades while smooth, seem more likely to give me a bite now and then, which doesn't occur with the Nacet, GSB, and Feather blades.

Personally, I felt the Bronze OC had a LOT more blade feel, and was less smooth than the 95 OC, nearly always catching one of the scars from a childhood accident as well. (They're not big or raised that much, but the Bronze OC would grab one nearly every single shave, and I tried just about every blade I had with mine, prior to returning it). The 95 OC smoothly shaves over those same scars.

My Timeless 95 OC is one of my favorites, and yields a BBS shave in two passes with the right blade. I find mine to be just a little blade sensitive, with Nacet, GSBs, and Feathers being very smooth, and easy to bang out a shave with. Rapaira Platinum Lux blades, almost as good, but don't care for using an Astra SP in mine, as they're not quite sharp & smooth enough for me in my Timeless. (I have gray coarse hair these days, and tend to favor sharper blades, which tend to give me a smoother shave). Wilkinson Sword (German) blades while smooth, seem more likely to give me a bite now and then, which doesn't occur with the Nacet, GSB, and Feather blades.

Personally, I felt the Bronze OC had a LOT more blade feel, and was less smooth than the 95 OC, nearly always catching one of the scars from a childhood accident as well. (They're not big or raised that much, but the Bronze OC would grab one nearly every single shave, and I tried just about every blade I had with mine, prior to returning it). The 95 OC smoothly shaves over those same scars.
Completely agree about Bronze OC blade feel. Plus it is more aggressive and very heavy with the stock handle
Using lighter handle will reduce aggressiveness but I still wouldn't recommend it for people with sensitive skin. You can try Bronze SB .38 but you will need to find matching blade for optimum results

I don’t regret spending the money on my Timeless. I started with the 0.95 scallop base and smooth cap. I’m going to order a combo scallop/OC 0.95 baseplate next. I have the SS Satin finish. I’ve been using Polsilver SI blades which I have gravitated to. Feather is another good choice of blade that works for me. For what it’s worth, the Timeless lathering bowl works awesomely well for only $12. Happy shaves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they are the highest quality razors out there that are always in-stock direct from the manufacturer.

I had the .95 scalloped, but much prefer the the .68 open comb.

At some point I'd like to try one of their Titanium offerings

I have a .95 scalloped bar smooth cap titanium and is by far my favorite razor I have ever used. It is so smooth yet very efficient and atg is all good too. Hope you enjoy your new Timeless .Just remember a light touch.
Happy shaves
SMURF

I have 0'68 CC scaloped head with Pineapple handle. Stainles steel. Among my 30 aand more bvintage rszor he and ATT anre ONLY modern razors and firmly in rotation. That saying enough. Beautifull razor. My recomendation.

I have a .95 scalloped bar smooth cap titanium and is by far my favorite razor I have ever used. It is so smooth yet very efficient and atg is all good too. Hope you enjoy your new Timeless .Just remember a light touch.
Happy shaves
SMURF
I am so tempted by the titanium version, have you compared it's shave against the stainless steel version?

Andy

I'm in the minority here. I felt the craftsmanship was outstanding but I did not like the razor. I had both the .68 and .95 in the smooth bar and solid cap. The razor cut me every time I used it in either configuration; not a nick or a weeper, but a full on cut. For comparison, I use a Muhle R41 and a Karve OC. The Timeless for me was unusable on my head. I gave mine away after fighting with it for a few months.

Top Bottom