What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Mail call yesterday! Another white whale has been captured!

Psycho Tech 18apr2019.jpg

R

romsitsa

This is more of an advertisement for a razor than an outright razor, but I thought you might enjoy it. This is a glass slide used to insert ads in very old movies...

proxy.php

Lovely. I made a backlit frame for a similar glass film slide. It has no function but looks nice switched on.

Adam

Mail call...

IMG_2381 2.jpeg

IMG_2382 2.jpeg

IMG_2383 2.jpeg

IMG_2385.jpeg

I have loved the look of the Bulldog since I first set eyes on one. Does anyone think the handle could be cleaned and if so, how? Or would anyone recommend re-plating or just leave be?

@It's Hedley

Big congrats!

Why replating it? On my phone, but I see it is in excellent condition?
Clean it with warm soapy water and a soft toothbrush. Polish it if needed..

It's a little rough in some places on the handle that the camera didn't pick up in great detail. I will give it a Dawn bath, a scrub with the soft toothbrush and polish with Mother's. I was asking in general terms if re-plating is recommended? I love it as is, but was just curious about people's feelings of re-plating. It would be something to see a Bulldog in mint condition. Thanks for the input!

It's a little rough in some places on the handle that the camera didn't pick up in great detail. I will give it a Dawn bath, a scrub with the soft toothbrush and polish with Mother's. I was asking in general terms if re-plating is recommended? I love it as is, but was just curious about people's feelings of re-plating. It would be something to see a Bulldog in mint condition. Thanks for the input!

I personally prefer pristine original specimens, but if they are spotted or something I am perfectly happy with replating!

Ah, OK!
In general I don't like replating. In general.

Top Bottom