What's new

Things we know about New Jersey

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
The water is flammable.
People get beaten with chains.
Jimmy Hoffa is here.

Well, I'm out of material.

I seem to recall seeing an Ikea somewhere through the haze... And I spent a year in Cherry Hill one night...

all you need to know about NJ is it is free to drive into NJ from either PA or NY
but you got to pay to leave ............and its worth it :lol:

Are you referring to this guy?

proxy.php

The clubs are filled with orange-skinned puckered porcupines.

View attachment 41059

I was also born there.
As was the Chairman of the Freakin' Board, baby!

More diners than anywhere else on the planet.

NJ has little or none of its own identity ... if you live here, you are either a suburb of New York City or a bedroom community for Philadelphia.

NJ is famous for lowest gasoline prices in the country. (I found that hard to believe when I was paying $3.999 a gallon last summer.)

NJ is famous for some of the highest cigarette prices in the country. (Don't ask me, I drive over to PA and get mine for $1.50 a pack less.)

According to a poll circa 2003, NJ has both the BEST place to live in America (Moorestown) and the WORST place to live (Camden.) They are only about 5 miles apart.

NJ is home to "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle."

NJ is home to "The Sopranos."

NJ is home to the "Jersey Devil." NOT the sports team.

NJ is home to Jim McGreevey ... the only US Governor to come out of the closet and publicly admit his homosexuality. He made this admission upon handing in his resignation, after a scandal revealed that he had used his influence to get his gay lover a prominent public service position for which he was totally unqualified.

NJ has little or none of its own identity ... if you live here, you are either a suburb of New York City or a bedroom community for Philadelphia.

NJ is famous for lowest gasoline prices in the country. (I found that hard to believe when I was paying $3.999 a gallon last summer.)

I'd argue that the Jersey Shore has its own identity, but then that's where I grew up!

Also, NJ is home of full service gas stations, i.e. you don't have to pump your own when its 10 degrees outside!

Attractive women fall for less than interesting men because they don't know realize there's anyone better......Never seen so many pear-shaped mullet-sporting guys walking around with beautiful women on their arms.......damn it!

the digraph "er" is routinely pronounced "oi" :tongue:

You have us confused with Brooklyn. We say Oil, not Earl. :mad3:

There are more chemical plants than residents.

all you need to know about NJ is it is free to drive into NJ from either PA or NY
but you got to pay to leave ............and its worth it :lol:

Since we have a lower sales tax than NY, and lower gas prices too, it's only fair we take what's left of their money before they leave the state. :biggrin:

I was also born there.
As was the Chairman of the Freakin' Board, baby!

More diners than anywhere else on the planet.

GOOD DINERS! And Sinatra and the birthplace of Baseball, the yacht America - remember the America's Cup? was owned by the Stevens family who founded a prestigious engineering and science college - The Stevens Institute of Technology - http://www.stevens.edu

NJ is famous for some of the highest cigarette prices in the country. (Don't ask me, I drive over to PA and get mine for $1.50 a pack less.)

According to a poll circa 2003, NJ has both the BEST place to live in America (Moorestown) and the WORST place to live (Camden.) They are only about 5 miles apart.

NJ is home to "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle."

NJ is home to "The Sopranos."

NJ is home to the "Jersey Devil." NOT the sports team.

NJ is home to Jim McGreevey ... the only US Governor to come out of the closet and publicly admit his homosexuality. He made this admission upon handing in his resignation, after a scandal revealed that he had used his influence to get his gay lover a prominent public service position for which he was totally unqualified.

Camden is indeed not nice, but I will take it over Bridgeport, Ct.

Football season allegiances are split between the Philadelphia Eagles and New York Giants depending on where you live. As to Governorn McGreevey, if he had appointed the fellow to the position of Turnpike Pothole Inspector, he may still have been in office.

I'd argue that the Jersey Shore has its own identity, but then that's where I grew up!

Also, NJ is home of full service gas stations, i.e. you don't have to pump your own when its 10 degrees outside!

Heh, when I think of that word and NJ, it has to have two syllables, and rhyme with "sure."

As for low gas prices, doesn't NJ have the highest car insurance rates in the country

Top Bottom