What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

1937 Liebel (on Timeless handle)
proxy.php

My first acquisition

These handles are awesome!

R

romsitsa

That set was put together for the Canadian market - the razor is English rocket, the case is made in Canada.

Now that you mention it. What case had a British Rocket for the British market have? I can only recall this red/transparent case. Or British sets have the British company listed at the bottom?

Adam

Talked an honorable member here into parting with this beauty, the most beautiful razor model ever (IMHO). A fine gesture on his part, I am very grateful. Over the moon with this, now starts the loooong 2 week wait for it to arrive :a14:

A4E29DF6-62D1-43E7-A38C-A6EBDB61060D.jpeg

Last edited:
Now that you mention it. What case had a British Rocket for the British market have? I can only recall this red/transparent case. Or British sets have the British company listed at the bottom?

Adam
Never seen a British set except for a travel kit in a generic non-Gillette case.

The interesting fact about that Canadian set is it also comes with Aristocrat JR 2nd gen. Sane case. I have seen enough of both in Canada.

R

romsitsa

Never seen a British set except for a travel kit in a generic non-Gillette case.

The interesting fact about that Canadian set is it also comes with Aristocrat JR 2nd gen. Sane case. I have seen enough of both in Canada.

Two things became very strange. I can’t find any British Rocket ad before the HD Rocket. And if the Canadian Rocket is from 1949 and if the first No. 58 and 66 sets were produced in 1953, then the dispenser patent was pending for 4 years?

Adam

R

romsitsa

Adam,
I have no evidence when this set was offered for sell in Canada. But I am sure it has been at some point...

It’s clearly made in England and this case pops up on ebay quite often, but all have Canada on them. And I’m just saying there is no trace of the regular Rocket in England ot Australia. There are Aristocrats, Juniors and Techs, until the HD Rocket arrived.

Adam

Mail call! I lost my **** when this showed up.

What’s the best way to mail something?

FRUIT BY THE FOOT BOX!

proxy.php

Nothing could possibly happen. The security tab is inserted.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Mail call! I lost my **** when this showed up.

What’s the best way to mail something?

FRUIT BY THE FOOT BOX!

proxy.php

Nothing could possibly happen. The security tab is inserted.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php
The RAD is quite strong with this one....(in my Obi-wan voice)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom