What's new

J.A. Henkel's Henso razor info request

I let my mom know that I was looking for razors, gave her some specifics and within 2 days she finds a couple of interesting razors. Of course neither are the ones that I'm looking for right now but they interesting none the less. The more interesting of the two I haven't been able to find any information on other than that there is one on eBay based in Bulgaria.

Anywho, the box says it's made by J.A. Henkel's which is a name I recognize but not for razors. It looks like it has two blade holders, one for sharp blades and one for used blades but I could be wrong on that. Any thoughts on this sucker are appreciated.

full

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have much help to offer, but I think you are right about the blade holders.

One reads Stumpf, which means blunt in German, and the other reads Scharf, which means sharp in German. Nice looking set :thumbup1:.

Flaxorca: Thanks for the info on the translation, I knew that someone here would know a little more German than me.

rodneyk915: It's good to know that they made straights, sensible that they tried to make the crossover to DE to try to grab part of that market.

Unless the picture distorts the perspective, it looks sort of like a double-ring old type with a thick-bull dog style handle. Wonder what it shaves like?

:thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1:

Regards,

Unless the picture distorts the perspective, it looks sort of like a double-ring old type with a thick-bull dog style handle. Wonder what it shaves like?

:thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1:

Regards,

A double-ring old type with a thick-bull dog style handle:001_tt2:

I have one of those!! I think? I bought some vintage Solingen knives from a Chef while I was in Europe in the 80's. I received 2 small pkgs. with the knives he sent. I opened the 2 small boxes, both were razors. I don't remember much about them, wasn't into d.e. shaving then. I need to look for those. I'd forgotten all about that. Wow!! Looks great! Hope you can use it.

OK, for those of us that are new to this and are considering such a razor, how does a double-ring old type with a thick-bull dog style handle razor handle?

Top Bottom