What's new

Zookeepers of the Muhle R41 BEAST

20231218_101500.jpeg

Hello fellow shavers.

I would like to ask for some advice please.

Background:
I currently shave daily or every 2nd day using a Muhle R89 with either a Feather blade or a GSB. The razor has worked perfectly for this over the last few years resulting in a 2 pass DFS with no irritation almost every time.

My struggle comes in when I haven't shaved for a few days - 6 days in this case - and I try to get a decent shave.
I find that even with a brand-new blade the razor really struggles to cut through the long hair smoothly without tugging. After 3 passes I am still not satisfied with the result.

Do you guys think I should buy a Muhle R41 for the times when I have longer gaps between shaves. Is the R41 better able to handle longer hair growth...or is there a way around this by improving my technique?

PS: My facial hair is coarse and thick...

All advice and responses will be appreciated.

Kind regards

KJI

...I have also posted this in the general shaving discussion...

UPDATE

Good evening gents

3 years later I finally bought the R41...apologies for taking so long. Life and and another kid happened. I am now the father of 2 beautiful girls and the owner of a R89 and finally a R41.

First shave with the R41 today with a GSB. Used it on 2 weeks of growth and ended up with a DFS after just 2 passes. No nicks or cuts…although the alum block did provide some feedback here and there.

i am completely amazed by how efficient the R41 is compared to the R89.

Not sure if I’m ready to use it as a daily driver yet but I will keep at it!

UPDATE

Good evening gents

3 years later I finally bought the R41...apologies for taking so long. Life and and another kid happened. I am now the father of 2 beautiful girls and the owner of a R89 and finally a R41.

First shave with the R41 today with a GSB. Used it on 2 weeks of growth and ended up with a DFS after just 2 passes. No nicks or cuts…although the alum block did provide some feedback here and there.

i am completely amazed by how efficient the R41 is compared to the R89.

Not sure if I’m ready to use it as a daily driver yet but I will keep at it!
Any razor can be a daily driver if you really want to, congratulations on the two daughters

Top Bottom