What's new

Zookeepers of the Muhle R41 BEAST

20210327_150052-01-01.jpeg

To summarize today's shave with the GS in just three words:

A ma zing! :lol:

Well holy jumping catfish Batman, just finished taking the Beast for a spin and I think I'm in love. Other than a couple of minor nicks came through quite well. Gotta say, this is the best damn shave I've ever had! So of course now I'm lusting after the stainless beast. Thanks for all the great advice in this sub forum. Also, I'm in. If you're still taking members.

Last edited:
Well holy jumping catfish Batman, just finished taking the Beast for a spin and I think I'm in love. Other than a couple of minor nicks came through quite well. Gotta say, this is the best damn shave I've ever had! So of course now I'm lusting after the stainless beast. Thanks for all the great advice in this sub forum. Also, I'm in. If you're still taking members.
So glad it went well for you, it will only get better

Hello fellow shavers.

I would like to ask for some advice please.

Background:
I currently shave daily or every 2nd day using a Muhle R89 with either a Feather blade or a GSB. The razor has worked perfectly for this over the last few years resulting in a 2 pass DFS with no irritation almost every time.

My struggle comes in when I haven't shaved for a few days - 6 days in this case - and I try to get a decent shave.
I find that even with a brand-new blade the razor really struggles to cut through the long hair smoothly without tugging. After 3 passes I am still not satisfied with the result.

Do you guys think I should buy a Muhle R41 for the times when I have longer gaps between shaves. Is the R41 better able to handle longer hair growth...or is there a way around this by improving my technique?

PS: My facial hair is coarse and thick...

All advice and responses will be appreciated.

Kind regards

KJI

...I have also posted this in the general shaving discussion...

Hello fellow shavers.

I would like to ask for some advice please.

Background:
I currently shave daily or every 2nd day using a Muhle R89 with either a Feather blade or a GSB. The razor has worked perfectly for this over the last few years resulting in a 2 pass DFS with no irritation almost every time.

My struggle comes in when I haven't shaved for a few days - 6 days in this case - and I try to get a decent shave.
I find that even with a brand-new blade the razor really struggles to cut through the long hair smoothly without tugging. After 3 passes I am still not satisfied with the result.

Do you guys think I should buy a Muhle R41 for the times when I have longer gaps between shaves. Is the R41 better able to handle longer hair growth...or is there a way around this by improving my technique?

PS: My facial hair is coarse and thick...

All advice and responses will be appreciated.

Kind regards

KJI

...I have also posted this in the general shaving discussion...
I think you will enjoy the muhle r41, it seems to work better on 4,5 and 6 days growth, compared to other de razors imo.

Reactions: KJI
I’d definitely been neglecting mine recently. Always have a great shave with the beast too!

Attachments

• 9FB8E3EC-F425-47D9-9E50-F801B492EA85.jpeg
    9FB8E3EC-F425-47D9-9E50-F801B492EA85.jpeg
    811.6 KB · Views: 6
Top Bottom