What's new

Zenith Manchurian 2 Band Badger

Absolutely, but take the test and see.

I did... I hope the shirt is a snug fit.

proxy.php

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Is this handle made of real copper ? View attachment 956448

I don't have that brush, but I'd say it's copper (but read the vendor's description on eBay to be sure).

Zenith.Copper.boar.Manchurian.2.640.7-14-18.JPG

I have these. Real copper. See the tarnish on the Manchurian. It will wipe right off with a polishing cloth but I like it so I leave it on. It got much more tarnished last summer at the beach than it did in my house. The boar is new in this photo and the Manchurian is maybe a year old.

The handles called all metal or something like that are chromed copper. These were just not chromed so the copper isn't coated with a protective layer of chrome. The chromed handles are heavier than the copper (maybe, but I don't actually have one).

The Zenith aluminum is called aluminum. There are three metal Zenith handles. It's worth spending some time on the Zenith vendor's write ups of his offerings to get the models all sorted out. The aluminum handles are much like the chromed metal in appearance but are lighter in weight and have a different feel.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I don't know how much longer I can go on without a copper Manchurian. Every time you show the photo it eats away a little more at my resolve.

If it was lacquered to remain shiny, I'd be tempted too. Not a big fan of the natural patina for bronze or copper in general. Perhaps the one added with wax that maintains a nice look. Worn plating on vintage razors kinda looks cool though.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
If it was lacquered to remain shiny, I'd be tempted too. Not a big fan of the natural patina for bronze or copper in general. Perhaps the one added with wax that maintains a nice look. Worn plating on vintage razors kinda looks cool though.

You can polish the copper to a new look in about 15 seconds.

The patina of my copper Manchurian was acquired mostly during a beach trip (house right on the water).

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Somehow I made the mistake of reading this entire thread just now. Oh, well, it's just another sign of how imperfect I am.

I wonder again about that combination Manchurian & Horse brush someone mentioned. I don't think I've recently noticed one on the two vendor sites I frequent. Not that I'm fixing to buy any brush for any reason (other than perhaps the contributor's brush).

Happy shaves,

Jim

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
How do you see the silvertip as compared to the Manchurian? Which one more backbone/soften/floppy?
It depends completely on the particular individual brush. Remember there really is no such thing as Silver Tip or Manchurian beyond the fact that the seller calls the item by those names.

When dealing with long established companies it is sorta possible to make statements about their general styles, but remember any really good brushmaker can make any brush from most any materials in any style desired.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I don't know how much longer I can go on without a copper Manchurian. Every time you show the photo it eats away a little more at my resolve.

12-12-19.ERN.DB.CopperMan.Kit.640JPG.JPG11-17-19.Dorko.Kit.MdC.CopperMan.640.JPGZenith.Copper.Manchurian.3-6-19.jpegZenith.Copper.boar.Manchurian.2.640.7-14-18.JPG

The boar is just to show the shine (easily restored), but I like the patina and leave it alone.

1576621749878.png

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

I've long thought maybe I should obtain a Zenith Silvertip. So far I've held off.

How do your Zenith Silvertip and your Zenith Manchurian compare with one another in terms of everything, but particularly in terms of density, backbone, scrub, and scritch? Do you prefer one over the other? Does one load and lather better? Is one more of a lather hog than the other? Etc?

Thanks and happy shaves,

Jim

I have this brush on a similar handle (blue java style) and it is indeed excellent. I like it better than my manchurian Simpson, which is smaller and was more than twice the cost.

OMG Sorry Guy's I forgot about this post :ouch1::ouch1::ouch1::ouch1:
Right The Brush came and Wow, this is one fantastic brush and I love it. I have used it on every soap I have hard the FAT and soft Truefitt and Hill 1805 cream, it dont matter what you use. It sure whips a great lather up bowl or face as I do both but more on the face side.
If anybody has any doubts then dont, it has tons of backbone and its not scratchy its very soft feel on the face and I would recommend buying this brush 100% would I buy again hell yes...…
And just to add in all this time it has not shed anything it did at first a couple of hairs and that was it.....

View attachment 890280
Could you tell me the brand of this soap container? Where can I get it?

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
1577719085066.png

Just a photo but nice...

I've long thought maybe I should obtain a Zenith Silvertip. So far I've held off.

How do your Zenith Silvertip and your Zenith Manchurian compare with one another in terms of everything, but particularly in terms of density, backbone, scrub, and scritch? Do you prefer one over the other? Does one load and lather better? Is one more of a lather hog than the other? Etc?

Thanks and happy shaves,

Jim

Maybe this will get your attention. You have both. I do not. It's your chance to be an enabler, right?

Happy shaves,

Jim

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
@Chan Eil Whiskers

Are you referring to my post with the two brushes?
I've already said that the Silvertip is even more dense and has even more backbone than the Manchurian. So I prefer the Silvertip. In terms of scritch and scrub I haven't noticed a lot of difference.
But that's the brush I've bought some time ago (the copper one). The Butterscotch Silvertip I've bought recently is a little less dense and has a little less backbone. But it is still a great brush. With Zenith you can't go wrong. You won't regret buying one.

2.jpg

Top Bottom