What's new

Zenith Manchurian 2 Band Badger

Just bought this Zenith 2 band Manchurian I will keep you updated when it arrives.

Resin handle with a 27.5mm Manchurian two band badger knot. Loft is set at 51mm. Effective loft is 42-45mm from glue bump. Total weight is a 83 grams for the brush.

1.jpg
2.jpg

These look to be a great brush

I have the ivory handled 28mm Zenith Manchurian and I absolutely love the thing.
proxy.php

It is dwarfed by the 32mm boar Zenith Big Scrubby brush.

Both great brushes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I have the one on the right and love it, but I have never had chance of the Manchurian knot at 27.5mm so pulled the trigger on this one.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Most of my Zeniths are the 506 series handles. They are among my favorite style.

Horse, Boar, Manchurian, Best Badger:
proxy.php

We're looking forward to your report Ian. :thumbup1:

My (early Christmas present) 506U Manchurian is simply fabulous; the best brush I've ever used (to date).
Here it is, six shaves in:
upload_2017-12-25_19-37-50.png

Wow and Wow!

Thanks Bob! That was my thoughts as well.

Terrific looking! :a14::a14:

Let us know how this one performs (PLEASE)!

Thanks BigJ! and I sure will that's for sure.

We're looking forward to your report Ian. :thumbup1:

My (early Christmas present) 506U Manchurian is simply fabulous; the best brush I've ever used (to date).
Here it is, six shaves in:
View attachment 847169

Cal don't worry I will be reporting on this one for sure, Just hope it has a little more backbone then my silvertips.

That is an awesome brush. Pure scrub sans any scritch. Very soft tips and the backbone of a floor jack. It just doesn't get any better.

OMG Sorry Guy's I forgot about this post :ouch1::ouch1::ouch1::ouch1:
Right The Brush came and Wow, this is one fantastic brush and I love it. I have used it on every soap I have hard the FAT and soft Truefitt and Hill 1805 cream, it dont matter what you use. It sure whips a great lather up bowl or face as I do both but more on the face side.
If anybody has any doubts then dont, it has tons of backbone and its not scratchy its very soft feel on the face and I would recommend buying this brush 100% would I buy again hell yes...…
And just to add in all this time it has not shed anything it did at first a couple of hairs and that was it.....

20180318_233718.jpg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
You might end up liking your Zenith Manchurian.

The backbone sorta blew me away at first. It's hard to find a brush with backbone like this one. Maybe a Proraso Pro?

6-7-18.640.Manchurian.SLOC.Barberia.JPG

My copper beauty was a tad scritchy during the first few shaves. Nothing bad, but a tad.

Within just a very few shaves I was entirely adjusted to the backbone and all the scritch had turned to scrub. This Manchurian may be the most luxuriously scrubby brush I have. It may be my favorite brush of all. Certainly, if I had to get rid of all my brushes except one this would be one of the two or three in contention. Probably it would be the one I'd keep in that situation.

Let's quit talking about these Zeniths. We risk driving the price up before I can buy another one.

Happy shaves,

Jim

You might end up liking your Zenith Manchurian.

The backbone sorta blew me away at first. It's hard to find a brush with backbone like this one. Maybe a Proraso Pro?

View attachment 890281

My copper beauty was a tad scritchy during the first few shaves. Nothing bad, but a tad.

Within just a very few shaves I was entirely adjusted to the backbone and all the scritch had turned to scrub. This Manchurian may be the most luxuriously scrubby brush I have. It may be my favorite brush of all. Certainly, if I had to get rid of all my brushes except one this would be one of the two or three in contention. Probably it would be the one I'd keep in that situation.

Let's quit talking about these Zeniths. We risk driving the price up before I can buy another one.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Lovely brush Jim, I have a chrome and a resin, but that copper is in a class by itself.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Lovely brush Jim, I have a chrome and a resin, but that copper is in a class by itself.

Thanks. I agree, but they're all great brushes. Great Knot=Great Brush.

5-8-18.Kit.640.E-2.MdC.ChubbyScrubby..JPG

Thanks. I was going to buy one of the resin handled Manchurians, the one with this handle, but I'd seen a photo of one of the not chrome plated copper handles months earlier and loved it. I believe the chrome plated copper handles are nice, but they are probably heavier, and why not leave the copper alone? Anyway, when the copper Manchurian popped up I was already looking at the site everyday because the seller had told me the aluminum handled Big Scrubby was soon to be back in stock and I badly wanted that brush. Thus I was Johnny On The Spot for the copper Manchurian, but just by luck. I believe there were only three sold. I think I got the first one.

I should have ordered all three. Well, not really, but you know what I mean.

I don't have much experience with knots of this sort. I have an assortment of badgers, but none are in the league with this brush, and none cost anywhere near as much. Perhaps there are many expensive brushes as good as the Zenith Manchurian. Perhaps some are better. I don't see how they could be.
upload_2018-6-13_10-45-23.jpeg

I'd still take a SV brush but I'm not drooling over them any more. The Zenith Manchurian is a badger BAD killer. Well, except I want more ZM brushes, so there's that.

Could you do me a favor sometime and weigh your quite dry chromed copper Manchurian? I'd like to know how it compares in weight to my copper. Of course, that's assuming you let it get quite dry and I can see why you might not.

Happy shaves,

Jim

My bad Jim, my " chrome ' handle is in fact aluminum and a different shape from the professional handle of yours. It has a 24.5 knot, and your post made me move it to tonights brush. I don't have a scale to weigh anything this small, but it is quite light, lighter than my aluminum handle Zenith boars, heavier than a plastic Zenith or Omega. My resin Manchurian has the tall "retro" handle in white . Now you have me back looking at the black handle M7 which has been pulling on me for awhile, in fact I even requested that style last year. I just looked, and my aluminum brush is the M6. I don't know how much longer I can hold out on the M7.

My bad Jim, my " chrome ' handle is in fact aluminum and a different shape from the professional handle of yours. It has a 24.5 knot, and your post made me move it to tonights brush. I don't have a scale to weigh anything this small, but it is quite light, lighter than my aluminum handle Zenith boars, heavier than a plastic Zenith or Omega. My resin Manchurian has the tall "retro" handle in white . Now you have me back looking at the black handle M7 which has been pulling on me for awhile, in fact I even requested that style last year. I just looked, and my aluminum brush is the M6. I don't know how much longer I can hold out on the M7.

Sorry to say Sir!!! You have hung on the line for a year, now's the time to buy before the price goes sky high. Plus you know you will anyways so why wait any longer....

Just saying....

Sorry to say Sir!!! You have hung on the line for a year, now's the time to buy before the price goes sky high. Plus you know you will anyways so why wait any longer....

Just saying....
Shall we consider the brushes I purchased from this vendor over that time frame?

Top Bottom