What's new

Zenith Manchurian 2 Band Badger

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
My bad Jim, my " chrome ' handle is in fact aluminum and a different shape from the professional handle of yours. It has a 24.5 knot, and your post made me move it to tonights brush. I don't have a scale to weigh anything this small, but it is quite light, lighter than my aluminum handle Zenith boars, heavier than a plastic Zenith or Omega. My resin Manchurian has the tall "retro" handle in white . Now you have me back looking at the black handle M7 which has been pulling on me for awhile, in fact I even requested that style last year. I just looked, and my aluminum brush is the M6. I don't know how much longer I can hold out on the M7.

I know exactly which brush you're talking about with the aluminum handle. The eBay vendor calls it a "normal" handle.

BOSC.2.OtherGuysAreNuts!.jpg

Kitchen scales are very useful if you're into this hobby (and who isn't).

Happy shaves,

Jim

Beautiful. Thanks for posting. Had been sorry I missed one of these originally so, seeing this, quickly jumped to “gentle shave” and managed to order one.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
They sure don't order very many of these beautiful copper Manchurians. Three?

6-13-18.Piccolo-Grande.Kit.650.JPG

You are going to love this brush. It becomes a good bit softer as you use it. You'll love it more and more. Promise.

upload_2018-6-14_22-10-34.jpeg

It takes a few uses to break in and you have to use it a few times to get used to the backbone which is a transplant.

BOSC.2.NotFollowingDirectionsOnPurpose.jpg

If I could only keep one brush this would absolutely be one of the three I'd keep.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
BTW Jim, what’s the OC in your photo - Fatip, Schone? Looks nice

Thanks.

Piccolo head, nickel plated, with a Gentile handle, chrome plated. Same as a Grande except for the mixed metals.

In my opinion, based purely on my experience, the Piccolo handle is not as good as the Grande handle. Good here means I get a much better shave with the Piccolo using the Grande handle than with the Piccolo and its own handle.

I recently discovered that I get better shaves with handles in a certain size range, or so it seems, which is very helpful information to me.

Happy shaves,

Jim

This is my Zenith Manchurian brush and I love it.

proxy.php

And that Mitchell’s wool fat soap is the best soap I have both are great for face lathering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Floppy ain't coming with this brush!

LOL - you are certainly correct about that Uncas.
Finally got around to using my new Zenith Copper 2 Band and it has some serious backbone - yet soft feel with a hint of scritch - in a good way. I do believe, this will ultimately be a very good face latherer for me.
Can't imagine anyone who likes firm, dense backbone not liking these brushes.

It did seem a little thirsty and demanding of more soap on the maiden voyage (treated it to a Santal Auster initiation :001_smile ), so I am going to need to work it a few times to get the drill down correctly.

All things considered - Happy camper here.

Top Bottom