Your ultimate travel kit

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Basic Travel kit:
PAA Prismatic/Astra Superior Platinum
Small GBS synth.
Vanderhagen soap melted into a small Ball jar for loading and lathering

DSCF0005 - Edited (2).jpg

The Wee Scot is a good choice, but it is a very small brush. You can get a small pill bottle at almost any pharmacy for free that with a few holes drilled in the cap makes a good case for the Wee Scot and takes up minimal space. I prefer my Simpson Major in super for what I consider the superior feel as well as the turnback design.

I completely agree, just got a Major and it is one awesome brush. That big clumsy handle is the most perfect handle ever to hold, and the whole thing is built like a tank!

I use it with this razor travel setup - a ‘57 Tech baseplate on a slim handle, and with a #44 RFB open comb plate in case I feel like going closer:
5C831260-A2C8-44CD-819F-EC07B35570CA.jpeg

Great post, I was also asking for opinions on a travel brush only recently & decided on a Simpsons Classic 1 in best badger. I didnt want to bowl lather on trips so was looking for a quality brush solely for face lathering + it fits in the Simpsons small travel case perfectly. Im very impressed with it..its small yet doesnt feel overly small when using it & gets the job done quick.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Late to the party, but I was traveling this weekend and snapped a pic. This has been my travel set up for several years.
CJB, restored brush, Shave stick, and Thayers witch hazel.
proxy.php

Update on the Maggard Razors travel synthetic brush: It performed flawlessly. I was able to complete a 2-pass shave, with enough lather in the tiny 18mm knot for a 3rd if needed, using only my Tabac stick rubbed against my stubbles. No bowl or scuttle needed. So it officially became my travel brush. It has a lot of backbone, so that should have been one of the main reasons for its success.
Still I think I'll get the Wee Scot, mainly because a) I just love badger brushes, b) is one of the few Simpsons that I can afford, c) I can still use it while traveling for just a weekend, and d) the Badger knot is way softer for face lathering than anything else. At least for my beard and skin type.

As a face latherer, I ended up parking my Wee Scott (barely adequate to the job) after picking up an Omega Mixed Midget. It has another 4mm of knot, a better handle for my hands, and a ridiculous difference in face feel and lather produced. It also packs almost identically small, just a few mm taller. It broke in quickly too, and dries really fast.

Top Bottom