What's new

Suggestions for DE razor for travel kit

Hello,

I am able to travel and I just don't feel like using my Gillette multi blade any more. I have a Blackland Dart and I love my shaves with it every day. I don't mind purchasing another Blackland and use the Dart in the travel kit.

Do people have any thoughts and/or recommendations on a good travel kit?

Thanks!
g

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Checking your luggage or carrying on? I travel with less expensive things. Feather Popular, Yaqi brush, Nivea or Arko! stick.

Isn't the Dart discontinued? Putting a beloved razor in someone else's hands doesn't seem like a good idea to me. I'm proud of our airport here in Denver, but the baggage system went sideways just a week or so ago for a minute.

Last edited:
B21705DD-E0D8-4A5F-AA4D-6E1A26AF707A.jpeg

5DC05A18-5ED1-4BBD-88BA-10829CE0B599.jpeg

2DA7B861-A3FC-4CC3-B6D5-2D5665564FB4.jpeg

18BF9055-7600-4B8E-9D15-BC911DCDCCB8.jpeg

E85D569D-7584-460F-9529-C600D73CF0D9.jpeg

I usually take my parker travel razor. It can be in my carry on as long as it has no blades. Blades are no allowed period on the carry on. So I usually will take one bag for check in with a few tucks. I have never had a problem. Sometimes went I travel to well known places that I can buy de blade s, I may do that. Also I have some great connections and I may them get me some in advance if available. I when to Greece last year and was able to slide home some good qualities of Bics within my checked in bag..
Good luck on the trip..
BFX..

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
If you want an excellent travel razor that's slightly above the norm, perhaps... take a look at the Goodfella's Smile Bayonetta....It's around $50 but punches way above its price range...

For very inexpensive, the Bic Metal is an good choice.

I do really like my Dart, and there is a possibility I may lose it in travels, hence I want to go with something that I can afford to lose.

This is wise. But in case you do decide to fly with a razor you love, we recommend disassembling the razor and keeping all three pieces in your carryon bag. TSA sometimes gets weird with razors even if there is no blade. If you take the razor apart, the separate pieces seem to get by with no trouble.

Happy to hear you're loving your Dart!

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
If I’m traveling by ground, I take whatever razor is next in my rotation.

If I’m traveling by air and subject the disgrace that is the TSA, I take a vintage Deluxe Trac II. I’ve had too many bags lost/delayed, so, my carry-on contains a couple days of clothes and my Dopp kit. And my blood pressure meds, because, the TSA.

An empty safety razor is useless if you are in Beijing and your checked bag with your blades in it is still in Dallas.

Normally travel to and from work. So I have some set aside OC D/E travel razor, 5 pack BIC metal, shave sticks, brush, razor blade tucks and Thayers WH. And it’s all checked bags.

A few tips you can have your safety razor in your carry on minus the blades. It will get you flagged at TSA to make sure you’re not carrying any bladesin your carry on. So my advice is get something inexpensive and toss into your checked luggage. When I fly I only have carry on so I don’t take any blades with me but my safety razor gets me flagged every time and they have to open it up and make sure it doesn’t have a blade in it. So I buy some at a local drugstore when I get to where I am going, and the quality of the blades may vary. Best bet luck and safe travels.

A few tips you can have your safety razor in your carry on minus the blades. It will get you flagged at TSA to make sure you’re not carrying any bladesin your carry on. So my advice is get something inexpensive and toss into your checked luggage. When I fly I only have carry on so I don’t take any blades with me but my safety razor gets me flagged every time and they have to open it up and make sure it doesn’t have a blade in it. So I buy some at a local drugstore when I get to where I am going, and the quality of the blades may vary. Best bet luck and safe travels.
So upon arrival you have to go out and buy DE blades at a drug store. Wouldn’t it be easier to pack a disposable in your carry on and not risk TSA abitrariness, not have to check a bag and not have to make a special trip to buy ? blades upon arrival ?

Top Bottom