What's new

Your Top 5 Favorite Colognes!

Let's see:

1. Geir
2. A*Men
3. Thierry Mugler Cologne
4. Knize 10
5. Bond #9 New Haarlem

But this list could change every minute or so...

Tom

joel said:
So - Austin's reply to my Tabac Cologne thread of it being in his "top 5" got me thinkin'.... what is everyones top 5 favorite colognes?

Here are mine (In no particular order)....

1.) Penhaligons Hammam Boquet
2.) Castle Forbes 1445
3.) Taylors Mr. Taylor
4.) Brooks Brothers 1818
5.) T&H Trafalgar

Update....

"Overall Favorites" as of now....
1.) Penhaligons Hammam Boquet (versitile and suitable for use year-round)
2.) B&B Cologne
3.) Taylors Mr. Taylors
4.) Brooks Brothers 1818
5.) T&H 1805

Summer Favorites...
1.) T&H 1805
2.) Penhaligons English Fern
3.) T&H Trafalgar
4.) Acqua De Parma
5.) Taylors #74 Limes

Fall Favorites....
1.) Trumper GFT
2.) Taylors Mr. Taylors
3.) Penhaligons Blenheim Boquet
4.) Castle Forbes 1445
5.) Pecksniffs Oriental Spicy

Winter Favorites...
1.) Penhaligons Opus 1870
2.) B&B Cologne
3.) Knize Ten
4.) Brooks Brothers 1818
5.) Fahrenheit by christian dior

Spring Favorites....
1.) Penhaligons Lavandula
2.) T&H Grafton
3.) Trumper Bay Rum
4.) Taylors Mr. Sidney's
5.) Pecksniffs Citrus

It's funny that I looked back at my earlier post and realised that my list is now nearly completely changed. I am not sure if it is my ever fickle taste in scents or the flowering of my shave/scent "knowledge", but I find that my preferences have shifted.

I would now list:

GFT Sandalwood - big favourite. For me, everything comes together in this cologne; the sweetness blends beautifully with the sandalwood. Big plus: my wife loves this one.

T&H Grafton - this is the only hold-over from my original list. I still really enjoy the masculinity of it.

Acqua di Parma - class. This is my definitive summer fragrance. When I get out of the shower and the sun is beaming through my window, this is the one I grab. Pair with a Borrelli suit and Martegani shoes.

GFT Eucris - my other favourite. This is old world elegance. A gentleman's cologne. Not for boys; leave your CKs at the door.

As for a fifth, I will have to think about it a little more...

My top five; forget the Musgo - can't get that one anymore anyhow.
proxy.php

From left to right :
1) Acqua Di Parma
2) Meehan's Bay Rhum (from Bonny Doon Farm)
3) Creed's Original Vetiver
4) Castle Forbes Keig
5) JHL

1. Chanel Antaeus
2. Knize Ten
3. Fresh Cannabis Santal
4. Creed Green Irish Tweed
5. MPG Santal Noble

1. Hammam Bouquet
2. English Fern
3. Floris Santal
4. Acqua di Parma
5. John Varvatos

List subject to change...

Dennis

1. Santa Maria Novella Orange Blossom
2. Penhaligon's Racquets
3. Marc Jacobs for Men
4. Creed Silver Mountain Water
5. Santa Maria Novella Imperial Lavender

water said:
GFT Eucris - my other favourite. This is old world elegance. A gentleman's cologne. Not for boys; leave your CKs at the door.

Well said. I know that some guys don't believe in "age appropriate" scents and to some extent they are correct. However, Eucris brings out the Errol Flynn, John Wayne, William Powell, David Niven, and Alec Guinness in a fellow. You'll note the list contains both classic type actors and roughnecks. Eucris is this way. It's pure CLASS but has an edge that is unmistakenly testosterone laden. Agreed, a mere stripling of 25 has no business wearing this.

Regards, Todd

I'm not too proud.....I am too cheap to buy the expensive stuff.
1. Hoyt's 1868
2. Aqua Velva Musk
3. Pinaud
4. Old Spice
5. Avon (Wild Country)

In order, at this time:

1. Acqua di Parma Colonia
2. Penhaligon's Castile
3. Penhaligon's English Fern
4. Floris 89 and Penhaligon's Hammam Bouquet
5. D R Harris Arlington

Looking to acquire some Castile and some more AdP at a good price or with a trade; trying ebay for the AdP.

Thanks,

This Acqua di Parma and Creed sound like they are very popular. I might have to investigate these two some.

Right now the ones I use are
1. T&H 1805
2. Aquia Di Gio
3. Dolce and Gabanna
4. Blenheim Bouquet
5. Avon RPM

Others
Bond No.9 Wall Street
Taylors St James
Endymion

I have found that the vast majority of men's frangences are garbage. I find that they all smell the same, or just cheap. But there are some really great ones, and since there are so many fragrences out there, there are hundreds of good ones.

Here are my all time top 5:

1) Perry Ellis (the original one that is hard to find now) I've always loved it!

2) Polo, by Ralph Lauren. I love this too, but I could never wear it for the longest time because when I was in my teens EVERYONE seemed to be wearing it. I loved it back then, but it seemed so cliched.

3) Tabac. I always have a bottle of this kicking around. I don't wear it often but when I do I wonder why I don't wear it everyday.

4) Lagerfeld. The original classic. Its kind of a tough guy men's frangrence that beats you over the head. But its warm and spicey. Great stuff.

5) Old Spice. Okay, I talked about 'cheap' earlier. And Old Spice is cheap, but its such a classic.

Having just read over the many posts in this thread, I'd like to add that I have not tried 99 percent of the ones mentioned. So please do not think that I am referring to them as 'garbage' when I refer to 'most men's fragrences'.

1. Dior Homme by Christian Dior
2. Envy by Gucci
3. HM by Hanae Mori
4. Dolce & Gabanna Pour Homme
5. Truefitt & Hill 1805 / T&H Freshman (they're tied)

I am also a big fan of Channell products. Pour Missuer is nice, and they make the best stuff for women. I also like Ralph Lauren Chaps, which is also hard to find these days. I would really like to try some Penhaligon's, but I don't know wjich one to get. I just bought my wife some and she loves it. But I am not sure which of their men's fragrences I would like the best.

The Blemheim Bouquet seems to be a very good one and popular. That one is more of a citrusy type to me. Endymion is nice also.

Burberry Weekend
Banana Republic Classic

I realized that I can't even name 5...because these are the only two I use. I really need to join the decant club.

Christoph said:
I am also a big fan of Channell products. Pour Missuer is nice, and they make the best stuff for women. I also like Ralph Lauren Chaps, which is also hard to find these days. I would really like to try some Penhaligon's, but I don't know wjich one to get. I just bought my wife some and she loves it. But I am not sure which of their men's fragrences I would like the best.

Send them an email requesting their mens scents before you make a purchase...then you will know which one you like best. I was just their last weekend and that is a store you can spend some money in. I have Douro and Castile...but on my list is English Fern...Endymion...Opus 1870...Bleinhem Bouquet...I did not like the Hammam Bouquet on me at all. The good thing is that my mom has a house in Vegas as well so she is back and forth all of the time. So one fragrance at a time will fly much easier under SWMBO's radar...

Top Bottom