What's new

Musgo Real shaving cream in 5 new scents coming soon :-)

Got the Spiced Citrus, Lime Basil, and Oak Moss. They all smell fantastic. Lime Basil is my favorite.

Fans of cologne-scented creams will be in heaven.

I now have some of each of the new scents, and I think the lime basil is my favorite as well. I haven't liked them as much as I thought, though. They do seem kind of "cologney". Maybe that's why.

I got the Oak Moss and Lime Basil. I am not a fan at all of the Lime Basil. The Oak Moss, however, smells delightful to me. I would be willing to send the Lime Basil to someone (only used 2x) for either the Spiced Citrus or Lavender. PM me if you're interested.

Josh

On a scale of 10 what scent strength is Musgo shaving cream.. Love a very strong scent for shaving.. Just bought a jar of E-shave orange sandalwood and TOBS Lemon Lime.. Both I like except the scents.. They smell good just wish they had more strength..

On a scale of 10 what scent strength is Musgo shaving cream.. Love a very strong scent for shaving.. Just bought a jar of E-shave orange sandalwood and TOBS Lemon Lime.. Both I like except the scents.. They smell good just wish they had more strength..
It's been so long since I've tried the original Musgo Real, but the new creams are pretty strong. If TOBS Mr. Taylor and Sandalwood are both 10's, I'd put the new Musgos at about 9.

-CLAIMED-

I bought samples of all the new Musgo creams and the only scent I really enjoyed was Orange Amber.
If anyone would like the remaining samples just PM me and I'll send them to you for free, US only please.
A spoon was used to scoop the cream from the sample jars. The image below shows what's left.

All I ask is that you post your impressions once you've tried them. I'll even throw in a sample of
Lavanda shave cream for you to try.

$m2.jpg

-CLAIMED-

Last edited:
I tried the citrus basil last night. It was good but not exceptional. The scent was not very inspiring. It did not irritate my skin as Musgo classic does. I'm still optimistic about the others.

I picked up samples from Gary's sample shop. My first impression is that they are O.K., but not great enough to go for the full tube. The thing is, with the exception of the Oak Moss, they all seem to have the same scent hiding behind the advertised scent (I guess this is what people refer to as the "Musgo" scent) and I find I'm not all that keen on it. I'll keep working the samples into my rotation and see if they grow on me.

I was the lucky recipient of Chris / Xillion's MUSGO PIF mentioned above! :thumbup:

I shaved with the Spiced Citrus tonight, and I absolutely loved the scent and the performance :001_wub:.
If I could change one thing about this cream, I would make the scent more potent, as I really enjoyed the scent but it only made intermittent appearances throughout my shave.

Four passes lathered with my BGS Natural Horse Beehive - I'm very pleased with the performance of this great cream.

THANKS AGAIN, CHRIS!

The first cream I fell in love with was the original Musgo. I got some of all new five scents, and they're all somewhat timid. The oak moss and lavender seem to be the strongest in a cologney/perfumey way to me. The other three (spiced citrus, orange amber, and lime basil) not quite as much. Out of all of them, I think the lime basil is my favorite. Even that one, though, doesn't hold a candle in my opinion to the original. That's a shame, because I was hoping to find another slam dunk to put into my rotation. Oh well, original it is. Someone will be the lucky recipient of half full tubes of the lavender and the oak moss. :glare:

I was the lucky recipient of Chris / Xillion's MUSGO PIF mentioned above! :thumbup:

I shaved with the Spiced Citrus tonight, and I absolutely loved the scent and the performance :001_wub:.
If I could change one thing about this cream, I would make the scent more potent, as I really enjoyed the scent but it only made intermittent appearances throughout my shave.

Four passes lathered with my BGS Natural Horse Beehive - I'm very pleased with the performance of this great cream.

THANKS AGAIN, CHRIS!

I tried the citrus basil last night. It was good but not exceptional. The scent was not very inspiring. It did not irritate my skin as Musgo classic does. I'm still optimistic about the others.

I'm bumping this thread up to see if the new Musgo creams continued to work for you. The original irritated my face as well, but I'm anxious to try some of the new ones.

I took the plunge and got myself a tube of the new Musgo oakmoss cream. The performance is very good, but I have to say I'm not crazy about the scent. I have a feeling some of the others may be ore to my liking.

Interestingly, I got some irritation after the first couple of shaves, but then it subsided. Makes me think I didn't give the original scent cream enough of a chance back when I tried it.

I was in NYC yesterday and went by Pasteurs...place gets better and better...I saw the new flavors, and based on the reviews here I picked up some Oak Moss (I got the last one...)...I dig the smell ( I am not a fan of strong cologny smells)...shaved this AM and the performance was on par with Musgo I have been using for the past 10 years. Based on the smell of the 5 soaps in the store (cant smell the cremes through package)..I think Basil Lemon is next for me..

Just got Spiced Citrus and Oak Moss for the first time. Haven't tried any of the others yet. Really like Spiced Citrus.... not sure about Oak Moss yet.

Ben

Think Lavanda..was that not discontinued at one point. You never know, perhaps they might return if there is enough demand. I was curious why they did not do the soaps in all scents myself.

I actually prefer the scent of Lavanda to Musgo Classic. I had trouble getting the Lavanda to lather up properly. It did seem better if I bowl-lathered it, though.

Top Bottom