What's new

Musgo Real shaving cream in 5 new scents coming soon :-)

I just emailed Claus Porto asking when they will release these new 5 scent variants of the classic Musgo Real shaving cream - but still no reply :straight:

I really enjoy the original MR, and often mix it with some of my other 50+ shaving creams, when I need an extra slick lather.
But the classic Musgo Real scent, which is vetiver combined with Patchouli, is not mixing well with my other creams regarding the scent; so when Claus Porto releases the 5 new scent variations of the original Musgo Real, I will buy one tube of each for sure, because I only get this slick and creamy a lather from maybe my Acca Kappa 1869 pot and my Santa Maria Novella pot (which both also contains coconut oil and Lanolin) and then maybe my tube of O Melhor shaving cream.

I can't' get quite the same slick lather from any of my other 50+ creams, including Acqua Di Parma (very very close though), Razorock XXX, 4 Penhaligons (1 jar), 2 Castle Forbes, 4 AOS, 4 TOBS, 4 GFT's, 4 TF&H's, 4 DR Harris, 2 Proraso (Proraso's new green and red come very close to same quality slick creamy lather though), Erasmic, Speick, Tabac, Bluebeard and several others I own (some sold now)

So REALLY looking forward to the release of these new 5 scents from Musgo Real:

Orange Amber
Oak Moss
Spiced Citrus
Lavender
Lime Basil

Anyone else looking forward to these 5 new Musgo Real shaving creams - I bet you are :drool: :001_tt1: :drool:

$8520527usz.jpg

Last edited:
I tried the classic scent Musgo and loved the performance but not the scent. I passed it along to my Dad who uses it brushless and it's become his favorite cream.

I'll definitely try one of the other scents - I'm a real "lavender head" so that will be the first one I'll try. I need some new cream so perfect!

I just emailed Claus Porto asking when they will release these new 5 scent variants of the classic Musgo Real shaving cream - but still no reply :straight:

I really enjoy the original MR, and often mix it with some of my other 50+ shaving creams, when I need an extra slick lather.
But the classic Musgo Real scent, which is vetiver combined with Patchouli, is not mixing well with my other creams regarding the scent; so when Claus Porto releases the 5 new scent variations of the original Musgo Real, I will buy one tube of each for sure, because I only get this slick and creamy a lather from maybe my Acca Kappa 1869 pot and my Santa Maria Novella pot (which both also contains coconut oil and Lanolin) and then maybe my tube of O Melhor shaving cream.

I can't' get quite the same slick lather from any of my other 50+ creams, including Acqua Di Parma (very very close though), Razorock XXX, 4 Penhaligons (1 jar), 2 Castle Forbes, 4 AOS, 4 TOBS, 4 GFT's, 4 TF&H's, 4 DR Harris, 2 Proraso (Proraso's new green and red come very close to same quality slick creamy lather though), Erasmic, Speick, Tabac, Bluebeard and several others I own (some sold now)

So REALLY looking forward to the release of these new 5 scents from Musgo Real:

Orange Amber
Oak Moss
Spiced Citrus
Lavender
Lime Basil

Anyone else looking forward to these 5 new Musgo Real shaving creams - I bet you are :drool: :001_tt1: :drool:

View attachment 258876

A brand new Musgo Real shaving soap is arriving, too!

In the link mentioned in a post above, above the picture of the lime basil cream, there is a post about the soap.

FWIW, in the comments (but keep in mind it is a single person's opinion) the poster seems to indicate that he has had difficulty with it in the past (water/soap ratios) and he basically says that "it works", "it is temperamental" and "would like to see it improved"...

Last edited:
I love the fact that a classic, distinguished brand like Musgo invests into a brand new lineup. Means they have trust in their product and their customers. I'll DEFINITELY order every single new cream / soap they offer!

Think Lavanda..was that not discontinued at one point. You never know, perhaps they might return if there is enough demand. I was curious why they did not do the soaps in all scents myself.

Granted I've only tried a handful of creams so far, but Musgo Real is my favorite to date. I'm very anxious to try these when they come out. I think I'll buy 1 tube of each, and PIF half of it out in small portions, so that as many people as possible can try it out.

Think Lavanda..was that not discontinued at one point. You never know, perhaps they might return if there is enough demand. I was curious why they did not do the soaps in all scents myself.

It was discontinued for 2 years, them they came up with another version, less similar to Musgo Real, perhaps in a categorie inferior to the other less expensive creams like Top Secret and Veleiro. Here's a topic comparing the 3 of them. The new Lavanda was released in October of 2011, so as you can see there was demand and they did returned it. We are guessing that the new Musgo Real Lavander is going to have the same formulation as the previous Lavanda cream, as the ingredients were exactly the same (the quantities might differ but we have no way of knowing). We like to think that the shaving soap was a response to our campaign for Claus Porto to re-release their old shaving stick, but we have no way of proving this!

Why isn't it looking good?

On page 8 of the link I posted before are some pictures of members lathering it, the degrees of success vary a little!

How about a Musgo Real shave stick? I know they used to produce a stick.

They did, but a very long time ago (we can't exactly pinpoint it, so it could be early 40's to late 70's ), the "recipe" is probably long gone but it was tallow based and it works marvelously! A member of BC used his just today! The soap will probably have little to nothing in common with the stick, which is really a crying shame!

Top Bottom