What's new

Your top 5 DE blades

Astra SP all day. Not the sharpest, but very smooth, last well, fantastic value, and they work well in every one of my DE razors. I have 100s of blades but having a good stock of SPs means I don't need to worry about future shaves.

Not sure if these are my favorites as there are so many that have come out that I haven't tried but these are all blades I stashed in recent years and continue to use today without issue. In no particular order:

Feather
Gillette Silver Blue
Astra SP
Kai
Personna Labs

I also have Derbys, Wilkinson's, and old Super Iridiums and one or two others. I've probably got 700 blades left so it'll be awhile before replenishing the supply. Honestly, it's difficult to feel much difference between them. More a matter of razor and face product and depending on how well I did using them on any given day. Point being a crap blade in a crap razor (not that I really own either) can get you a better shave than a great blade in a great razor if your techniques was better with the former than the latter. Based on my experience anyway.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Sometimes I feel like a B&B apostate, because there are two blades I really could never get to work for me. I really don't like Nacet or Astra SP blades. However, I do love Astra SS blades, especially in my Fatip razors, so perhaps there's still hope for me yet. 🤣

But then again, there's also the fact that I like Arko, so I'll just have to remain an apostate, and Arko loving reprobate.
;)

proxy.php.jpg

I do not yet have a top five but as things are now my order is:

1) King C Gillette
2) Dorco ST300 HQ
3) Tiger Platinum

I have a Dorco Titan in stock but still unused. Numbers 2 and 3 are somewhat interchangeable for me. I give the Dorco a point extra for longevity.
Since April I have been in the blade acquisition rabbit hole, mainly buying more of what I already had, but I have ventured out too. My current top five is:
  1. Feather
  2. Dorco Titan
  3. King C Gillette
  4. Gillette 365
  5. Dorco ST300HQ
Guido

I have to revise my list:
1. Gillette Nacet.
2. Gillette Platinum(the ones in the packaging that looks like the Silver-Blue package)
3. Lord Platinums
4. Rapira Platinum
5. Gillette Wilkinson Sword Indian blades.

Still a relative rookie but I am settling down with:

1) Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge
2) Gillette Nacet
3) Parker Premium Platinum
4) NA
5) NA

Dorco Stainless
Dorco Prime
Astra SP
Derby Extra

All work really well for me with the only difference being the average number of shaves per blade.

No top 5 here, sorry.
I always aim to match a blade to a razor and cream to make them work optimally. With the number of razors and blade models I have it is achievable in 90% of the cases.

Top Bottom