What's new

Your top 5 DE blades

Currently in no particular order:

1) Gillette Platinum
2) Gillette Wilkinson Sword (China)
3) Wilkinson Sword (Germany)
4) Gillette Nacet
5) Bic

I am currently making my way through a bunch of blades to figure out what I want to buy in bulk and then just use for a few years. So far it has been slow going as I only through a blade or two a week shaving every day.

Distributors are not stupid. Cult of Polsilver redux.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

We have only ourselves to blame. Economically, we should be talking down the Polsilvers of the world.

What unbelievable rubbish the Polsiver is! The blade is the Edsel of the shaving world! The Hindenberg! The Betamax! The New Coke!

The President of the Polsilver line is a tremendous fraud and charlatan!

[That's how you do it.]

We have only ourselves to blame. Economically, we should be talking down the Polsilvers of the world.

What unbelievable rubbish the Polsiver is! The blade is the Edsel of the shaving world! The Hindenberg! The Betamax! The New Coke!

The President of the Polsilver line is a tremendous fraud and charlatan!

[That's how you do it.]
We? Yeah well I'm not much for cults . Bought Polsilver once (2x cost of my BICs, Wilkinson etc) , determined they were indistinguishable from a half dozen or more blades that cost less and wouldn't buy them again. [That's how you do it]. Do I believe those who swear they can only get a good shave with a Polsilver , Wizamet, Kai or whatever? Nope. But hey buy em up.

Last edited:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Certainly depends on the DE razor but, in general:

Kai
Feather
Personna Med Prep
Personna Israeli Platinum Red
Bolzano
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Rapira Platinum Lux
Voskhod

I still have many blades to try. :)

Commenting on the early comments about Wizamets being so expensive: they are around $50 for a 250 blade sleeve, or $0.20 per blade, which is a couple bucks more than GSBs - and a lot cheaper than Polsilvers which they are identical to.

My current faves:

1) Wizamet / Polsilver (same blade, different wrapper)
2) Gillette Platinum
3) Yellow
4) GSB
5) Nacet

Personna Lab Blue
Viking’s Sword
Polsilver
Feather
Bic Chrome

Probably in that order. Just ordered a new blade sampler so that could easily change.

Seems to change.... but as of right now.... modern blades only.

1. Gillette Silver Blue
2. Gillette Nacet
3. Rapira Platinum Lux
4. Voskhod
5. tie between Lord Silver Stars and Personna Lab Blue

Top Bottom