What's new

Your rotation in one pic (if they'll fit!)

It's been about a year of experimenting with many different brands and types of razor. Unlike many here I've not tried them all, by any means, but I've sampled a good variety of the basics. Since I don't see myself ever going with straights or electrics, below is what I've decided is "it" from now on...the best and most reliable razors I've had the pleasure to try.

Gem Damaskene and Ever-Ready: as close cutting as the Pal, and possibly a bit friendlier.

Super: gotta have one adjustable.

Pal: On a good day, one pass BBS. Nuff said.

Diplomat: Oh so smooth.

NEW: for mowing off my beard every couple months.

Red Tip: it's all about the grip.

What's yours?

PS My black Neillite broke and is no more, but left behind the screw that allows the Ever-Ready to mate with it's much improved handle.

Last edited:
The shave line - in the plastic holder, a Futur, Progress (long handle, of course), G1 Fatboy, and Slant. "Guest razor" area has 38-C and Gem Junior.

This group can handle any beard thrown at it!:thumbup1:

The shave line - in the plastic holder, a Futur, Progress (long handle, of course), G1 Fatboy, and Slant. "Guest razor" area has 38-C and Gem Junior.

This group can handle any beard thrown at it!:thumbup1:

Mark where'd you get that nice plastic holder?

That's a WalMart toothbrush holder!!!!!!!!!! About $3.00, works like a charm:thumbup:

Dang good idea - reminded me to post a pic of my holder. Now that I've settled on exactly seven, this pipe rack seemed perfect. Just need to bore out the Tuesday hold a bit for the Jr. handle.

Dang good idea - reminded me to post a pic of my holder. Now that I've settled on exactly seven, this pipe rack seemed perfect. Just need to bore out the Tuesday hold a bit for the Jr. handle.

An interesting update on those old wedge razor sets that had mere BLADES for each day of the week:biggrin1:

Don, I've got just one respectful question . . .

Just where is the Schick Injector??? :huh:

I've never tried a Pal (it's on my list for "someday") and I can't disagree with the rest of your top selections . . . but I'm surprised that you don't have a Schick in your rotation!!

(Or, like my Bostonian, do you save it for special days???)

Regards, sir!!

Don, I've got just one respectful question . . .

Just where is the Schick Injector??? :huh: I've never tried a Pal (it's on my list for "someday") and I can't disagree with the rest of your top selections . . . but I'm surprised that you don't have a Schick in your rotation!!

(Or, like my Bostonian, do you save it for special days???)

Regards, sir!!

M'lud, I must report that the venerable Schick G is now peacefully retired after much honorable service. It remains highly respected and even more highly recommended but, to be honest, is totally obsoleted by the Pal. A few Schicks are laying around here, somewhere, but they're useless now that I've got the hang of the Pal. Or the Pal got the hang of me - sometimes I wonder which (think of it as the Lilac Veg of razors). Good evening to you, sah! *clicks heels*

Mark, a toothbrush, six razors, but only one aftershave...The Veg no less!!

To quote Rudyard Kipling, You're a better man than I am!

Here's what's currently in the rotation. It changes as new ones come and the older ones get a break.

proxy.php

Still trying new razors, returning to ones I've tried, trying more new ones . . . This is going to go on for a while.

Under a sufficiently powerful threat, however, I could limit myself to the group below.

Sorry, too many for one pic. The herd is getting pretty big but I still make sure that I use each and every one of them.

Still trying new razors, returning to ones I've tried, trying more new ones . . . This is going to go on for a while.

Under a sufficiently powerful threat, however, I could limit myself to the group below.

We have some similar tastes. Top row center: 1912? Can't tell for sure from the head-on angle.

Yep. I've got another one that's bigger that I just received permission from the missus to put up. Now several that are in drawers can be displayed as well.

Hmm...these displays show up at Goodwill for a couple bucks...will have to keep an eye out now.

Mark, a toothbrush, six razors, but only one aftershave...The Veg no less!!

To quote Rudyard Kipling, You're a better man than I am!

That's a specially modified (cut down) toothbrush to clean THE RAZORS...and out of view in the drawer is Pinaud Clubman. Inside the classic design shaving mug....WILLIAMS, of course:thumbup:

In one picture . . . check out my Avitar.

Schick G, '48 Aristocrat, Executive Fat Boy, Slim Aristocrat, Gem Jr.

In addition, my Bostonian "Special Occasion" razor, a "New" Frankenrazor (w/tech handle), an Old Type Ball-end, and an OC Micromatic rounds it out.

Top Bottom