What's new

Your Greatest DE Razor Find At Flea Market, Estate/Garage Sale?

I don't know if I can rank this as my "greatest" find, but I did very well at an antiques fair two days ago. I've never before seen a Black Beauty "in the wild," but Saturday I bagged two of them. And a very, very nice Tech (J-1) as well. Two sellers were involved, and neither knew what he had.

The Black Beauty was the razor I used almost exclusively from the mid-1970s until the Sensor came out around 1990. It's my favorite of all the Gillette TTOs.

The short handle Black Beauty (T-1) is in outstanding user condition, with only a very few faint wear marks. The Tech and the long handle Black Beauty (P-1) look like they've only been used a couple of times each, if at all. None of them needed any more than a very light cleaning and an alcohol dip. Ready to roll...

$10426708_10203359472001539_6625571576148222076_n.jpg

$2014-06-07-3.jpg

I don't know if I can rank this as my "greatest" find, but I did very well at an antiques fair two days ago. I've never before seen a Black Beauty "in the wild," but Saturday I bagged two of them. And a very, very nice Tech (J-1) as well. Two sellers were involved, and neither knew what he had.

The Black Beauty was the razor I used almost exclusively from the mid-1970s until the Sensor came out around 1990. It's my favorite of all the Gillette TTOs.

The short handle Black Beauty (T-1) is in outstanding user condition, with only a very few faint wear marks. The Tech and the long handle Black Beauty (P-1) look like they've only been used a couple of times each, if at all. None of them needed any more than a very light cleaning and an alcohol dip. Ready to roll...

View attachment 458809

View attachment 458811
What did you pay?

I've been following this thread, didn't really believe anything so lucky could happen to me.

Yesterday at antique fair Gaylord MI, I found a steal. Slim J-1, and Fatboy E-3. Mechanically good. Neither has a case, but the price was ... right! Belonged to the seller's grandfather.
$photo (9).JPG

Just found this one at an antique fair today. I talked him down to $5. It is soaking now and should clean up pretty good. The numbers still have paint in them. An other vender had a clean Fatboy for $45 and a Slim for $27, I passed.
$IMG_0002.jpg

These two for $40.
The double ring is a patent applied for no serial number, included were paperwork Blade return envelope and two blade boxes. The single ring is in early 1906 serial number.

Last edited by a moderator:
After thinking it over, my best aquisition is every single
one:

I can still pick up any one of them and remember the circumstances in which it was bought and how much I paid. Only about half of these count as half were through ebay.

Last weekend at a local antique store here in central MA. An L1 slim adjustable, have never seen a single razor at this store and got this for $10. Cleaned up real nice and I PIF'd it to my brother as I already have an I2 SA and he wanted to get back into using a DE having not used one for some 50 years. Sorry I don't have a decent pic after cleanup, but it turned out great.

proxy.php

one:

I can still pick up any one of them and remember the circumstances in which it was bought and how much I paid. Only about half of these count as half were through ebay.

Museum worthy. ..

one:

I actually cant find the words to describe how I feel about seeing this...............:thumbup1:

Colt revolver. That is one of the Holy Grail Razors. I like it better than all. The Razor the Presentation box. It's to Die for and worth a Ton of $$.

Top Bottom