What's new

Your Greatest DE Razor Find At Flea Market, Estate/Garage Sale?

1932 canadian gold tech, 2 gillette super adjustables and a black handled super speed all in great condition....all together at an antique store. Owner said he couldn't give them away......and I got them for an amazing price

I think this set may qualify. I tried to keep a neutral look on my face as I paid, but my heart was pounding as the Antique Mall operator handed me back my change from a twenty. I must admit my knees shook at bit as I walked to the door and driving home I found myself repeatedly looking in the rear view mirror expecting to see the flashing lights of law enforcement. :001_smile

attachment.php

mswofford

Rest in Peace
ANTIQUE STORES COUNT; I was trying to keep the title short. Were you able to restrain yourself until you got home to do the Happy Happy Joy Joy dance? I don't think I could!:w00t:

Last edited:
Were you able to restrain yourself until you got home to do the Happy Happy Joy Joy dance? I don't think I could!:w00t:
I was feeling pretty good till I got home thinking I had just picked up a cased toggle in the wild, then as I was checking things closer, I saw how the razor pallet actually lifts out to provide a travel case for the razor. While attempting the removal (sans razor) I spotted something fall on the table.......INSTRUCTIONS!!!!! Then I was on cloud 9.

The Gillette Tech Ball End came from wife's mom's estate. Belonged to her dad around WWII I believe.
The Gillette Super Speed, 1948 -- 1950, came from a local antique shop for $6.00 (USD). It is show being cleaned up, but now glistens.

$Gillette Super Speed 1948 -- 1950.jpg$Gillette Tech Ball End Razor (1940s).jpg

There was a post somewhere with someone who bought a Bottom Dial, Nickel Toggle, and 1-5 Toggle for something like $30 total. That has to be the best deal ever.

I found a NDC Tech in box at an antique store for $8.00, I picked it up and wandered around the rest of the mall. When I finished shopping I decided I didn't want to use my debit card for a small purchase, I already owned too many Techs. So being the responsible person I am I returned to the booth to put it back. As I was setting it down I realized there were two more razors on the table that I had not seen. A fatboys and a flair tip. $6.00 each. Never sat the Tech down. Just picked the other two up and went to check out. $21.20. I got to the car and decided it was time I looked at them. Turns out the FB was an E2. You guessed it birth year/quarter. Grinned all the way home.

Double ring found in a jar filled with razors at antique store, double ring found in a display case found at an estate sale, a cased double ring found at an antique show in one of the "junk" booths. I got maybe $20 in for 3 Double Rings.

$2014-04-27_21-42-35.jpg

If I was to choose which one I thought was best, it would be the cased one found at the antique show. Thousands of folks looking for that treasure and I bothered to look inside the ratty looking box.

-jim

My best garage/estate sale find was this mint 1967 Gillette Slim Adjustable for $20. I say mint rather than NOS because it was not in a package, and one of the two blade spoiler was in the razor. It was immaculate though, and I'm sure it was only used once and the owner didn't like it for some reason, so it was put away. Here's the photo...$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398660916.306292.jpg

Double ring found in a jar filled with razors at antique store, double ring found in a display case found at an estate sale, a cased double ring found at an antique show in one of the "junk" booths. I got maybe $20 in for 3 Double Rings.

View attachment 441551

If I was to choose which one I thought was best, it would be the cased one found at the antique show. Thousands of folks looking for that treasure and I bothered to look inside the ratty looking box.

-jim

20 bucks for 3 double rings...that's deal!

Top Bottom