What's new

Your Greatest DE Razor Find At Flea Market, Estate/Garage Sale?

20$ for an Aristocrat 1934 & a Red Tip Rocket, both in very good condition. A very interesting encounter, I was even offered a cup of tea and a cookie :D

20$ for an Aristocrat 1934 & a Red Tip Rocket, both in very good condition. A very interesting encounter, I was even offered a cup of tea and a cookie :D

$tumblr_micc2gNRQS1r8mx5to1_500.gif

If I were to pick one find, it would be this 1940 Regent Tech. I don't think there are many out there. This was obviously well loved.

$2013_05_30_1189.jpg

I've been lucky with my odd stop in, no scouring the city or searching weekly.

My top two highlights are: Blue Tip Rocket & 4 Pce Travel Tech

Then I'd say the Red Ring and Aristocrat Jr

The regular ones...still nice too.

Last edited by a moderator:

mswofford

Rest in Peace
Never found any DE or SE razors at antique or flee markets.

I did find a NOS Simpsons butterscotch in the 50's white box with all the paperwork one time though :001_smile

proxy.php
Mick; Great find, they are gorgeous! I welcome the posting of any face to face transactions; Glad you added to them.

One day I went into an antique mall I'd been to many times before and went to the case where I usually find the shaving stuff. Best prior find was a Fatboy.

I looked, then did a double-take; a cased Darwin Deluxe. I happily paid the $30 price tag. I also took home a near-perfect Stahly live blade that day from the same store.

One day I went into an antique mall I'd been to many times before and went to the case hhhhwhere I usually find the shaving stuff. Best prior find was a Fatboy.

I looked, then did a double-take; a cased Darwin Deluxe. I happily paid the $30 price tag. I also took home a near-perfect Stahly live blade that day from the same store.
Any pics?

Any pics?

I posted a bunch of them in a thread a few years ago about Darwin razors. Do you remember? I even posted comparisons with the travelling Darwin I had in my hands at the time.

I've sold the razor, so I don't have it anymore.

Maybe you can dig up those old posts and paste those pics back into this thread? I'm no good at searching; you're the master.

i have been lucky enough to get some good deals in the wild. ill say about 4 of them have been exceptional.

1960 cased toggle $100. this was early in my collecting days and i passed on it at 140. i called the next day to see if they would take 100 and they said yes. i have sold it since then

nos 46-47 arictocrat gift set $55. another early collecting days buy. one of the ladies at the antique store also runs estate sales. she was running a good one from a hoarder who had some razor stuff and she brought it to the antique store just for me to buy from her.

nos 48-49 aristocrat gift set $45. she invited me to the same estate sale. it was actually a pre sale that she has for just dealers before she opens is to the public. i was lucky enough to get invited. she had told me about another set she had set aside for me. sad thing is she also sold a few razor to some dealers. one guy bought a nos toggle minus the shipper for 25 bucks.

1960 nickel toggle 50 bucks. case was bought seperately. i was at an auction that i thought might be good s i went. the last few lots and smalls in them and looking through everything i found a nickel toggle. it was just out in the open for anyone to steal so i stood watch for basically 4 hours making sure no one took it lol. i was also watching to see if anyone knew what a gold mine it was. obviously no one knew.

Attachments

• $IMG_8703.jpg
    $IMG_8703.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 262
  • $IMG_8704.jpg
    $IMG_8704.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 261
  • $IMG_8705.jpg
    $IMG_8705.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 262
  • $IMG_8707.jpg
    $IMG_8707.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 263
  • $IMG_8709.jpg
    $IMG_8709.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 261
No way. ..where?
In a small shop in a coastal town in Maine. I actually was walking out without seeing anything and the clerk asked if I found anything. I told him I was looking for old safety razors and he grabbed this off the shelf I had just walked by. Price tag 1.50 so a total of 1.57 after taxes. I had no clue what it was until I checked it out here. Boy was I surprised.

In a small shop in a coastal town in Maine. I actually was walking out without seeing anything and the clerk asked if I found anything. I told him I was looking for old safety razors and he grabbed this off the shelf I had just walked by. Price tag 1.50 so a total of 1.57 after taxes. I had no clue what it was until I checked it out here. Boy was I surprised.
A great story.....they are worth 250 to 300 now.

Top Bottom