What's new

Your first three soaps?

1. Maggards Razor Mango Sage Tea
2. Dapper Dragon Signature
3. Mitchell's Wool Fat (Third soap I bought, still haven't tried yet)
3. Chiseled Face Midnight Stag (Third soap I used)

1. VDH - Used once. Gave me a rash. I didn't realize it had SLS in it when I bought it.
2. Colonel Conk Bay Rum - I didn't like the way it performed. Ended up using as a body soap.
3. Williams Mug - I discovered B&B when I was trying to figure out how to lather this better.

Then, I discovered Arko and I decided to wet shave instead of growing my beard out.

VDH was my first & it was an OK soap. Arko was next & was much better at giving slickness. The third was Bearded Jacks with great slickness & a step above Arko IMO.

1st: Charles Roberts' Hydrolast - remember the "Method Shave"?
2nd: Stirling - love, love, love!
3rd: Barrister & Mann - similar performance to Stirling, but probably won't buy again because of price.

1 - Captains Choice Bay Rum
2 - CRSW v1 Savon No 1
3 - WSP Rustic Tobacco

My favorite scent of the 3 is the Tobacco from WSP, but the performance wasn't quite there. At some point I'll give it a shot in Formula T. The Captain's Choice has been great, and the CRSW I don't care much for the scent, but the performance is very good. Up next Mike's Orange, Cedarwood & Black Pepper, and Peppermint and Rosemary!

First three soaps:

Taconic Shave Bay Rum: Glycerin based (supposed to have clay in it or something), good performer. Scent is not all that strong and doesn't have a strong clove-like smell like some bay rums can have.

Cella: A classic. Tallow based, smells like an almond cookie if you're into that sort of scent.

Razorock XXX: Another tallow based soap. Another excellent performer. First time I smelled this dry in the tub, I thought it smelled like every Indian grocery store I've ever been to (lots of patchouli), but as you use it, the soap develops a nice clean scent.

1) Proraso white - still using now. Hasn't done enough for me to keep it around once it's gone, but it was the first soap I tried.
2) VDH deluxe - no complaints here, but nothing mind-blowing.
3) La Toja stick - my go-to for travel. Definitely a fan!

Those three soaps are as far as I've gotten, but I think a sampler from Stirling is next in line :thumbup:

Top Bottom