What's new

Your favourite type of razor?

What is favourite type of razor?

• Straight bar

• Open comb

• Slant bar

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hello guys,

I sent the other day an email to Mühle to see if they might build a slant razor in the future, and the answer was quite...straight: they do not plan to build a slant razor in the future. Not to say that I was a bit sad to read that, as they didn't even leave the possibility of maybe thinking to create one in the mail they sent me...
Anyway, I just wanted to know here what is your favourite type of razor, and why? Do you use different types in different occasions?
Maybe if they see some interest in slant razors they might reconsider?:huh:

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
I have 2 straight bar razors (EJ and Maggard) and 1 slant. Of the 3, the slant is becoming my go to/favorite razor. It works very well for me and I like the shave it gives me.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 166
So far I've used the Muhle R89, the Parker A1R travel razor, and the Merkur 37C slant. I'm waiting on a FaTip Grande to try my hand at an OC. So far the R89 is the mildest and easiest to handle. The 37C is the most efficient. The A1R is an aggressive middle of the road. I use different ones for different beard growths, so no favorite yet. Can anyone comment on the difference in aggressiveness between the A1R and the Parker 92R butterfly?

Just started a week and a half ago with a straight (well pseudo straight - Parker SR1) and haven't felt inclined to go back to my Merkur DE even once.

Haven't tried a slant yet, but the new one from Italian Barber is on my list when they go into production.

My preference, in order are: Super Speeds, News, Gems, Olds.

Top Bottom