What's new

Your favorite: Swedish G's or Feathers?

What is your favorite safety razor blade?

• Feather

• Swedish Gillette

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've used several brands, including Feather. My son prefers Feathers, but I like the Swede for the same reasons posted above. I do want to try some of the 7 O'Clock blades for comparison, but the Swedes have been my go to blade for some time and I tend to settle on something I like and stick with it.

Please only vote if you have tried both. I have convinced myself the Feather is my blade of choice even though I haven't tried a Swedish Gillette blade before.
This poll will make up my mind to try or not to try.

Coincidentally, I tried the Swede for the first time today from my West Coast Sampler. In a Blue Tip! DFS - Damn Fine Shave. The Feathers are f'n sharp, and I can get away with a nick or two - and the shave is close, no question (see my poem entry for the Carnival [shameless promotion]), but the Swede was amazingly smooth and forgiving and for such a gently razor, amazingly close. You must try it!

I've tried most of the popular blades via one of the sample packs. The Swede's are my overall favorites, but I do use Feathers occasionally in my milder razors like the Tech and the SS....mainly because I still have a few packs to use up.

The Futur, Aristocrat, Fat Boy, HD and Slant always get loaded with Swede's.

I'd say Swede's get my top pick, Derby's #2 and Feathers #3 as an occasional blade.

But.....my beard is not overly coarse and/or thick. Just kind of average I guess.

Swedish Gs are way smoother and don't rust. Derbys are the best.

Why does everyone keep mentioning that the Swedes don't rust? I have been using Feathers for almost two years and I have never seen the slightest speck of rust on any of them. :confused:

Tim

Why does everyone keep mentioning that the Swedes don't rust? I have been using Feathers for almost two years and I have never seen the slightest speck of rust on any of them. :confused:
The thread below was going at the same time as this one - with pictures of a rusty Feather. But I've never had any kind of stainless blade rust on me so far and I've enjoyed using Feathers even though I prefer Swedes. They're both top quality blades.
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=55149

Top Bottom