What's new

Your favorite: Swedish G's or Feathers?

What is your favorite safety razor blade?

• Feather

• Swedish Gillette

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Please only vote if you have tried both. I have convinced myself the Feather is my blade of choice even though I haven't tried a Swedish Gillette blade before.
This poll will make up my mind to try or not to try.

Swedish all the way. Close, comfortable shave without all the messy nicks, cuts, and irritation.

I sided with other, personally I like derbies and for some reason dorcos. If I only had 2 choices I would take the feather but only use it in my weishi.

I like the Swedes and I like the Feathers even though consecutive shaves with the Feathers is a no no.

But I voted other as for the $$, I use the Red Personnas in my Techs and News, and the Dorco 300s in my Slim Adjustable. I get just as good of shaves and they are $10 per 100.

The Swedish Gillette is sharp, smooth, and durable. The only thing it is not is inexpensive. Absolutely better than the Feather.

J

Jarmo P

Gillette Platinums are the best quality of blades I have experienced.
Feathers are just sharp and that means removing too much skin besides whiskers.

I am learning to live with Derby's though they are nowhere as sharp as "swedes", but I can manage good shaves with them too and much cheaper which has been my aim. The search of cheaper blades than platinums that still work for me.

Still have my almost 100 Feather blades and have no idea what to do with them. I won't sell them though since you guys here seem to have some trouble finding them so I like to feel happy I have something someone desires, even though of no use to me :p

I really need to stop spending money on shaving stuff. Looks like westcoastshaving will be selling a few more Swedish G's in the next little bit.........:shaving:

Well after using the Swedish G's for awhile, Feathers are still way up there as #1 in my books.

In Feather VS Swedish G the Swedes win hands down. I'd probably take the Red Pack Israelis overall simply due to their price. They're comparable to the Swedes, IMO, a bit more forgiving and are a lot cheaper.

I disliked the Feathers, they gave me rather uncomfortable shaves, but then again I only used them in one razor.

Swedes were the 1st blade I could get BBS from and they last a while. I have thick beard with elephant like skin... :lol: I haven't had a decent cut or gusher yet.

10 = not perfection but the best you can get.

Sharpness: Feathers 10; Swedes 9.9
Smoothness: Feathers 8; Swedes 10
Consistency of shaves with same blade: Feathers 7; Swedes 10
Consistency between blades: Feathers 8; Swedes 10
Longevity: Feathers 7; Swedes 10

No contest for me. But the sharpness and smoothness of Feathers means I still use them from time to time.

Top Bottom