What's new

The Chinese "Matgicol" Super Platinum

Eben Stone

Staff member
Okay, 12 hours later I'm impressed. I've never gotten that good a shave from the Qshave classic short handle. It's almost still BBS 12 hours later. I still have to go through the other 3 razors but I suspect it's going be high on the Chinese list and might give my favorites a run. BTW, here is the after shave photo. The coating (I think that is what it is) has clearly smoothed out. Makes me think second shave will be better yet.View attachment 1774275
Is that a Suneko or Matgicol blade?

Reactions: Kix

Eben Stone

Staff member
Hey @AshleyC should this thread be changed to a catch all for cheap Chinese blades? I was going to start one but it seems thread is already a good start.

In this store with 11 euros and a few pennies I take home 50 Matgicol blades red pack,100 Rhinoceros XR Swiss Blade and 100 FlyDear blades.

Is this a good price for these blades?

Do I proceed?
Up to you. Looks a good price to risk for though. It depends on the seller mostly. One question . How do you combine shipping for those 3 items?

In this store with 11 euros and a few pennies I take home 50 Matgicol blades red pack,100 Rhinoceros XR Swiss Blade and 100 FlyDear blades.

Is this a good price for these blades?

Do I proceed?
It's a good price.

For anyone in the USA, I also noticed there is a sale on various razor blade brands at amazon.com right now, especially those where Razor Blades Club is the third party seller. Prices on certain models from Durablade and Treet are particularly low.

Italian Amazon also has deals these days but not on blades and not with shipping charges.

There are few ones with free shipping, rather than buying 100 Treet New Steel and 200 Treet King never tried I prefer Chinese blades maybe if not 100 at least blocks of 40 or 50 so if I don't like them I can give them away and the risk is low.

The Treet on the other hand if they don't like them I am not sure I can sell them, in Italy I see that these types of Treet blades are not much used by enthusiasts.

Italian Amazon also has deals these days but not on blades and not with shipping charges.

There are few ones with free shipping, rather than buying 100 Treet New Steel and 200 Treet King never tried I prefer Chinese blades maybe if not 100 at least blocks of 40 or 50 so if I don't like them I can give them away and the risk is low.

The Treet on the other hand if they don't like them I am not sure I can sell them, in Italy I see that these types of Treet blades are not much used by enthusiasts.
I understand. That said, Treet is a massive corporation in Pakistan with reach in far more industries than just personal care products including car batteries and other energy storage solutions. They are an ISO participant and employ many thousands of people being one of the giants of Pakistan.

Personally, I find their products worth supporting and I like what the company is doing too. With the current Amazon sale, I grabbed 300 Treet Dura Sharps for $15 + tax shipped. It usually is $24 + tax.

Last edited:
170 blades to exceed 10€ free shipping limit.
Do you remove shipping costs for both low amounts and amounts exceeding 10 euros?

immagine1 .png

immagine2 .png

What am I doing wrong?

I understand. That said, Treet is a massive corporation in Pakistan with reach in far more industries than just personal care products including car batteries and other energy storage solutions. They are an ISO participant and employ many thousands of people being one of the giants of Pakistan.

Personally, I find their products worth supporting and I like what the company is doing too. With the current Amazon sale, I grabbed 300 Treet Dura Sharps for $15 + tax shipped. It usually is $24 + tax.
I also really like the Treet blades and I appreciate them all a lot, however to try the Treet King I would have to order only on the official Razor blades website.
On Amazon the same seller does not offer samples of a certain number of these blades, only a minimum of one hundred blades to which shipping costs must be added or two hundred blades with free shipping costs.
Instead of the Treet New Steel I haven't read many flattering opinions.
But generally speaking, I considered all the Treets that I tried to be excellent blades.

I am interested to know the opener's opinion of this Matgicol blade topic.

@AshleyC Are you still using these blades?

In your opinion is it worth the purchase of large quantities i.e. even 100 blades of these?

Top Bottom