What's new

Your Favorite Handle

Yeah I'd love to see it as well.

What kind of metals did Bob of BRW use as the core of the handle? I'm tempted to pick one up. Are they made well or like Merkurs pot metal?

What kind of metals did Bob of BRW use as the core of the handle? I'm tempted to pick one up. Are they made well or like Merkurs pot metal?
He used brass mostly then plated them in nickel or left them as brass, sometimes he used aluminum as well, others know more than myself.

What kind of metals did Bob of BRW use as the core of the handle? I'm tempted to pick one up.

Good luck with that. :lol:
They are even harder to find these days than UFOs. But if you can find one, snag it for sure!

Hey guys,
as promised, here's a couple of pics of my Coon Cat Bob handle collection...
I have 3, one brass and 2 nickel plated.
They are well made, and except for a small spot on one, the plating is quite good.
I believe they were machined from a brass blank, and plated as required....Bob had crafted 4 for me, I recently sold one here on the BST....and no, the other 3 are not for sale.
If you find one, grab it quick!

$b+b 01.jpg

Hey guys,
as promised, here's a couple of pics of my Coon Cat Bob handle collection...
I have 3, one brass and 2 nickel plated.
They are well made, and except for a small spot on one, the plating is quite good.
I believe they were machined from a brass blank, and plated as required....Bob had crafted 4 for me, I recently sold one here on the BST....and no, the other 3 are not for sale.
If you find one, grab it quick!

View attachment 434669

Wow… thank you so much for posting these pics. Your handles from Bob are absolutely gorgeous. My favorite is the top left. But they all are stunning. Enjoy them! :wink2:

I have tried all three Weber handles. My favorite is the Wave followed by the Bulldog and Classic. The Wave seems to reinforce the light fingertip grip needed to get a proper shave.

Merkur handles like the 33c and 23c are chrome plated brass. I'm not certain what the Fusions and Visions are though.

My favorite is my Weber 3pc. With 85mm handle. I think it's called the Classic Handle. I like it because of it's weight and length. I also have a 1968 Gillette knack razor I like it because of it's length I prefer my Weber because of the weight.

$Polished-Classic-2.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom