What's new

Your favorite car

The second car I wish I still owned was a 1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer. This Jeep gulped gas but was very comfortable. It had plenty of space and I rarely had any mechanical problems. I could do tuneups myself and the finish was well done. Unfortunately, it was totaled in a wreck in 1990. I wish I had replaced it.

What are your favorite cars?

I love that Wagoneer!

My wife's Escalade is pretty amazing.

There are two that I fancy at the moment, both made by Alfa Romeo in Italy, but I really like what Telsa Motors is doing in the US, I kind of want an electric car...

proxy.php

proxy.php

1986 Chrysler LeBaron hatchback 2.5L with 5 speed manual transaxle.
I was in college, and needed a cheaper car to drive than an old bonniville. I could get 45+ mpg out of it by staying on county roads at 55 mph in 5th gear going to and from school. It was funny but if I took the tollway across ohio and indiana I only got 25-30 mpg. Driving around I got more expected milage.

It handled beautifully in snow and ice conditions, and was a whole lot of fun to drive in any conditions. It cornered well, had good road feel without a rough ride. It was also the only car I have had that I bought for what I wanted instead of what I could afford in good condition.

Phil

I've always loved the looks of the Studebaker Avanti in gold

I presently drive a Rolls-Canardi

Rolls fine downhill can hardly make it up

If I had the $$, which I probably never will...

Mercedes SLR McLaren. (And they're only going to get more expensive considering there's only 1,000 of them in existence)

- ice

'01 Lexus IS300 was a graduation present I made this car a track beast but handed it over to my parents because of too many tickets and exhaust violations. (sorry don't have any pictures)

Second car is my 2007 Audi A3. I love this car any everything about it. It's fast and I'm currently in the process of making it even more faster.

proxy.php

1995 Miata in Laguna Blue (only 500 made!)

Bought it cheap, drove it like I meant it. Sold it because, apparently, it's frowned upon to have a baby seat in a roadster. Sheesh.

proxy.php

proxy.php

My wife got to keep her TL (pictured), which is a nice car. I bought a 1998 Mercedes E320 Wagon - what a beast! It might be the perfect car, though.

1998 Jeep Wrangler. Sold it to get something more family friendly. You can't fit 4 car seats/boosters in a Jeep. Mine looked almost exactly like this one:

proxy.php

My '66 GTO. 389 4 barrel, 4 speed, light blue.

Sold after I married and returned to college back in '71. Still miss that car.

A just for fun '79 MG Midget. Great for top down back road driving on a Sunday afternoon. I guy just offered me too much to turn down.

Believe it or not, of the cars I have owned:

Loved:

1964 Plymouth Savoy (Fury) 318 c.i.
1994 (? 2d iteration, whatever years those were) Nissan Maxima GL (or whatever, not even the SE sport version!)

Hated by the End of Ownership:

1976 Triumph TR-6
1986 (2d body style, whatever that would have been) Mazda RX7 GSL-SE

Last edited:
I had a 1977 Pontiac Trans Am with a 455 engine,the Smokey and the Bandit car.Sold it because it sucked gas like crazy but it was very fun to drive.

Paul

Favourite cars: 1980s vintage Porsche 911 Carrera coupe with the whale tail in silver.
current steel: Audi A5.

and what I currently own: a VW Golf

My '89 Grand Wagoneer ranks near the top for what it was - a tank. That beast was as comfortable as it was unstoppable. It's nice to see other Wag fans here.

For pure fun, I think my 1980 Triumph Spitfire tops the list. The engine was tiny. The electrical system was pure crap. It was about as reliable as an alcoholic coworker, but it was still pleasurable to drive.
proxy.php

Not my Spit', but accurate year and color.

Current occupants of my garage:
'02 Harley-Davidson Road King Classic
'07 Lexus IS 250 AWD
'11 BMW 328i xDrive

Favorite car I've owned is my current... 1972 El Camino. Second favorite? 1990 Ford Taurus SHO. Distant third? My first... 1984 Toyota minivan... one of those so-terrible-it-became-cool things. :laugh:

1994 (? 2d iteration, whatever years those were) Nissan Maxima GL (or whatever, not even the SE sport version!)

3rd generation Maximas rule. I had a 91 GXE and loved it. Sold it to a friend, who drove it trouble free for years before giving it to his grandmother to drive.

There was a great community online for them, too.

3rd generation Maximas rule. I had a 91 GXE and loved it. Sold it to a friend, who drove it trouble free for years before giving it to his grandmother to drive.

There was a great community online for them, too.

Thanks for writing in. As I recall now, it was a 1992 GXE. For sure, 3d generation. Just a great car all around. Even saved my older son's life, probably, when he was hit by a drunk driver.

Good looking car outside and in. Utterly reliable. Great handling for that time frame with the rear independent suspension, four wheel disc brakes. Loved the electronic entry. Adjustible shift interval automatic transmission.

I would buy that car new again in an instant, if it were still available.

What the heck happened to Nissan and the Maxima in the fourth generation and I suppose the fifth and sixth generations? Take a great car and degrade its quality in every respect. Nothing makes you feel like a valued customer that having a car company trash a beautiful product.

I have a first generation Murano, now. Pretty good car. Have to love Nissan for the Murano, too. The one problem I have with it is truly terrible vision out the rear quarters. So what does Nissan does in generation 2 of the Murano? Not much good, but for sure make that rear vision even crappier.

Top Bottom