What's new

Your favorite car

Only Brand Spanking New vehicle 1985 Mustang SVO. Worked road construction during the summer and had scholarships for school so most of my summer job money was mine to spend. Worked my butt off for 2 summers, one summer I averaged 80 hours a week and paid cash for this awesome car. Got the vehicle drove it school and during the third month I had it my parents asked if my sister could borrow my car for homecoming. I let her just because it was the parents who asked, and she was told to bring it home before she went to the post homecoming dance party. Well she did not really wanting to show it off, she let one of her drunken friends drive it and this knucklehead somehow drove this car done some railroad tracks, jumped the tracks and drove my car down an embankment. Totalled my car and since it was not me or my parents driving insurance would not cover any of the damages. At the end of the day I had some pretty awesome yard art. Sold it to a junkyard and went back to driving my 78 GMC pickup. Was told for 5 years I would get paid back, never happened.

Never bought a new car after that. I do love the 08 Chrysler 300 I bought last month. I also purchased a 1962 International Scout last week. I am the second owner of the Scout. The scout runs great but needs some tlc.

Limted to two, one past and one current:

My first car - 1978 Pontiac Firebird. A pure blast to drive, and the best looking of the second gen 'birds. Dad kept it when I went to college/military and drove it for years. He finally asked me if he could trade it in on a truck, since it was nickel and diming him. I said yes and have regretted it ever since!

My current "vehicle" - 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega-Cab, 5.9 Cummins. I LOVE this truck. I may buy other trucks for business or the kids to drive, but I will not replace this one! I can't wait to get it paid off and then make it stronger/faster!

My one and only 08 Mazda 6. Fun car to drive.

proxy.php

Limted to two, one past and one current:

My first car - 1978 Pontiac Firebird. A pure blast to drive, and the best looking of the second gen 'birds. Dad kept it when I went to college/military and drove it for years. He finally asked me if he could trade it in on a truck, since it was nickel and diming him. I said yes and have regretted it ever since!

My current "vehicle" - 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega-Cab, 5.9 Cummins. I LOVE this truck. I may buy other trucks for business or the kids to drive, but I will not replace this one! I can't wait to get it paid off and then make it stronger/faster!

I want a 5.9 Cummins so bad, when one drives past I stop what I'm doing and just stare at it until its gone. Few things sound better than a Cummins!!:drool:

The one I miss most was also the biggest pain in the *** maintenance-wise -- an '84 Maserati Quattroporte. It was a beast, but accelerated and handled like nobody's business. But with four dual carburetors it needed constant tuning, and all sorts of hard to find suspension parts kept breaking (literally, snapping in two). The weight of the car necessitated annual brake jobs, and it ate through an odd size of z-rated tires with an enormous appetite. I finally just gave it up to a good home for not much money about five years ago, as it was not very marketable. Not my actual car in the pic, but it looked exactly like this.

proxy.php

Last edited:
The second car I wish I still owned was a 1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer. This Jeep gulped gas but was very comfortable. It had plenty of space and I rarely had any mechanical problems. I could do tuneups myself and the finish was well done. Unfortunately, it was totaled in a wreck in 1990. I wish I had replaced it.

What are your favorite cars?

My husband had one of those Wagoneer's when I met him.

I want a 5.9 Cummins so bad, when one drives past I stop what I'm doing and just stare at it until its gone. Few things sound better than a Cummins!!:drool:

I did a LOT of researching before I bought it. I knew I wanted a diesel, but I didn't want one that already had 200K plus miles on it (Ford 7.3), or any of the new emissions crap.

When all was said and done, you said it...Ya can't beat a Cummins!

I got mine at a great price in 2008, when the economy sucked bad and people who could afford it wanted the newer Cummins. Mine is worth more now than I paid for it two years ago!

I've owned about 22 cars (If I can remember them all) and of all of them the most fun to drive was my 1998 Mustang Cobra. It was highly modified and pushed a hair over 500hp. That thing could move. It was scary fast considering it was a soft top. The most comfortable I've owned to date was a 2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Edition. It was so nice it made me want a Navigator.

The Cobra was one of only 542 Convertible Cobras ever made in Chrome Yellow:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

The Eddie Bauer was bone stock but a joy to roll in:

proxy.php

My second car and Mustang: 1996 Fastback. Wish I wasn't a poor college student when I sold it. :bored:

I'm assuming you meant '66. :lol: Great car!

What a great list. Laugh all you want, but I'd give my eye teeth for my old 1971 AMC Ambassador SST 401. I was a street racer in my early days and this was the ultimate sleeper. Many a Hemi, 454, 455 etc lost to my (apparent) grocery getter. Sold it to go college. Never seen one like it again in all the years I've been looking.

I love my Subie Legacy, but there's a used BMW dealership in town with a 1988 M3 that I want sooo bad. It's all original except for the suspension and only has 95k miles on it. If only I could win the lottery tomorrow.

Had many cars and bikes over my 40 years of driving but if I had to pick one as my favourite, it would have to be my two Citroen 2CVs, the Deux Chevaux.

Brilliant car to work on, so simple with it's 602cc twin cylinder air cooled engine. Full length "sun roof", seats simply unclip when you have arrived at your music festival, more comfortable than sitting on the ground!

Great on snow with it's front wheel drive and narrow wheels and a top speed of about 75 mph with a following wind!

proxy.php

Gareth

This is a hard one but if I had to narrow it down to just one I would have to go with...

1971 Vette...I had the convertable with four speed stick...the best ever and you just felt good sitting in it. When the engine cranked look out...

My one and only 08 Mazda 6. Fun car to drive.

proxy.php

I've got an 05 Mazda6, and would much rather drive the 92 Ford Ranger that shares driveway. I've had more trouble with that Mazda6 than I think I should have. The Ranger is an excellent truck for the $900 I gave for it, though. Still, in keeping with the spirit of this thread, my favorite vehicle is my 72 Ford F100 Sport Custom. That may change after the first few weeks of the coming year, though, as I'm picking up a 1984 Mazda RX7....should be a fun one to play with.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Unless you live in a quiet neighborhood, and have to listen to the noise pollution those things generate. Not sure what sounds worse- a diesel pickup truck or those 4 cylinder "racers" with the silly sounding mufflers

$First car 001.jpg

This picture was shot May 1st. 1971. 1969 Road Runner 426 Hemi. We sure had a-lot of fun in this car. Still my most favorite car. MOPAR POWER!

Top Bottom