What's new

Your Dream Watch...

$smiths5.jpg

Some of those Genesis watches are simplicity at its best!
Me likey.

My wish in a basic watch is to have seconds subdial and power reserve. I never seem to see that combination, though. One of the range has seconds subdial; several have power reserve; but nowhere do they appear together.

Does anyone know of a watch that combines these two features?

My wish in a basic watch is to have seconds subdial and power reserve. I never seem to see that combination, though. One of the range has seconds subdial; several have power reserve; but nowhere do they appear together.

Does anyone know of a watch that combines these two features?

On the lower end there are many Parnis watches that have those two features. I would assume that IWC would have some too, considering that the Parnis watches are hommages to IWCs.

On the lower end there are many Parnis watches that have those two features. I would assume that IWC would have some too, considering that the Parnis watches are hommages to IWCs.

Thanks for the tips. The Parnis looks quite nice but I think I'll give it a miss. On the other hand, after a very small amount of googling, this may be my new dream watch (category: may be able to afford one day)...

proxy.php

IWC Portofino Reference 5101

Thanks for the tips. The Parnis looks quite nice but I think I'll give it a miss. On the other hand, after a very small amount of googling, this may be my new dream watch (category: may be able to afford one day)...

proxy.php

IWC Portofino Reference 5101

Pretty much any watch by IWC is my dream watch. Hopefully someday I will be able to afford one...

Yea, love IWC. I really like the classic Bell and Ross vintage collection BR 126 with the black dial, it is very beautiful.

I don't think i will ever have one, I work in social services and I still have my wife, so if I win the sweepstakes, maybe:)

Marty

I'm hopefully days away from buying my dream watch:

proxy.php

Speedmaster Date. Omega caught my eye with the special edition Seamaster for the 2010 Vancouver Olympics, but it wasn't in the cards then. Now I'm hooked on Speedmasters, and prefer the auto + date combination to the traditional moon watch.

Legion

Staff member
Jaeger Le Coultre Master Moon was my dream watch for a long time. Then I bit the bullet, now I wear it daily during the week. The new dream watches all cost more than my car (and my last car combined).

proxy.php

Hey! I have one of their razors!

At the moment I am lusting after a STOWA Fleiger watch. So minimalist cool.

Probably a rose gold Patek Calatrava ... simple, unobtrusive, and about $20k out of my price range. Or maybe a Patek Grand Complication ... not so simple, definitely not unobtrusive, and about $200k out of my price range.

One that I might possibly be able to afford, at least if I sold a few things, is a Concord Impressario chronograph in stainless (pictured). These use the same Zenith El Primero movement that Rolex used to use in the Daytona before they switched to their own in-house movement.

proxy.php

proxy.php

FWIW, my avatar is a 1967 Omega Seamaster 300 built from NOS parts about a dozen years ago. Between my vintage Omegas and the vintage Gillettes that have started showing up on my side of the bathroom, my wife is convinced I'm becoming lost in the past.

Nosedog, check out the Jaeger Lecoultre Master Reserve de Marche (sorry, I don't know how to post pictures). I read recently that Lecoultre actually invented the power reserve feature.

proxy.php

Zenith El Primero Tourbillon

proxy.php

Breguet Classique Complications

currently wearing:
proxy.php

the pic above is a replica, mine is not. i cannot find a picture of the actual rolex with that bevel, and i have never seen that bevel anywhere else.

Nosedog, check out the Jaeger Lecoultre Master Reserve de Marche (sorry, I don't know how to post pictures). I read recently that Lecoultre actually invented the power reserve feature.

Nice suggestion; hadn't looked at those before. Not 100% my style but not bad and ticks the boxes. I bet it will grow on me and one day I might get one. Thanks!

Top Bottom