What's new

Your current TOP 5 DE's?

1. Game Changer 0.84 OC by a large margin
2. Gillette Single Ring
3. Flare Tip Super Speed (J code, family heirloom)
4. Gillette Black Beauty (can't remember date code)
5. Gillette Old Type or Schone OC

13.5 months later and I think I would only have a few minor shifts to my rankings new one as follows
1. Game Changer 0.84 OC by a large margin
2. RR SLOC
3. Gillette Single Ring
4. Flare Tip Super Speed (J code, family heirloom)
5. Gillette Black Beauty (can't remember date code)

1. Razorock Lupo 0.95
2. Yates precision EH plate
3. Gillette red tip superspeed
4.?
5.?
I guess I only have three, most of my razors I really like are single edge.

In order, on a 1 - 100-scale

Top 5
1. Lupo 0.95
25. GameChanger 0.84SB
26. GameChanger 0.79OC
30. GameChanger 0.84OC
40. Gillette NEW SC

The rest in rotation
45. GameChanger 0.79SB
50. GameChanger 0.79JAWS
55. GameChanger 0.84JAWS

Used mainly for travel
60. Gillette Heritage Inspired
61. King. C. Gillette

Knocked out of rotation, but will be used at times
70. Gillette Fatboy
71. Gillette Slim

Will never use again
95. Flare tips/Superspeeds

Current top 5

1. Timeless SS .95 OC
2. Blackland Blackbird Polished Stainless Open Comb (might be #1 soon, I've only used it once - but what a great shave).
3. Razorock Lupo SS Dual Comb .95SB/.72OC
4. Brass Karve SB-D plate
5. Razorock Game Changer .84 OC

Also, the only 5 razors I own. 😎

Curious how long the process took , building to 40+ and back down to 4. A great accomplishment

About 7 years. Have been wet shaving for 15, but didn't catch the RAD bug for a while. I gave away/donated/sold off most of them in the last year. I was enjoying the variety, but found myself really looking forward to certain razors in the rotation.

With that said most modern razors are great. These, for me, cover the spectrum blade feel and efficiency I could be looking for at any given day.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
1. Razorock Lupo 0.95
2. Yates precision EH plate
3. Gillette red tip superspeed
4.?
5.?
I guess I only have three, most of my razors I really like are single edge.
@Sinnbad11 I would love to hear your thoughts on the differences between the lupo 95 and the yates EH. I currently have the Yates H and it is not quite efficient enough for me!

X
@Sinnbad11 I would love to hear your thoughts on the differences between the lupo 95 and the yates EH. I currently have the Yates H and it is not quite efficient enough for me!
I was only one shave deep into the eh plate so I ranked it a bit lower. Though I only have a half dozen shaves or so shaves now I would rank it higher than the lupo. It's smoother and has more blade feel, but interestingly I've never so much as nicked myself with it. I'm blown away by the smoothness considering it has a gap of 1.25 mm and positive blade exposure. Also, the efficiency is very similar to the blackbird.

I don't have the H plate to compare it to unfortunately, I bought it as a single razor on the BST a few weeks ago. I think it's a fantastic shaving device and if you can get your hands on one I recommend it.

Last edited:

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
X

I was only one shave deep into the eh plate so I ranked it a bit lower. Though I only have a half dozen shaves or so shaves now I would rank it higher than the lupo. It's smoother and has more blade feel, but interestingly I've never so much as nicked myself with it. I'm blown away by the smoothness considering it has a gap of 1.25 mm and positive blade exposure. Also, the efficiency is very similar to the blackbird.

I don't have the H plate to compare it to unfortunately, I bought it as a single razor on the BST a few weeks ago. I think it's a fantastic shaving device and if you can get your hands on one I recommend it.
Many thanks! This gives me what I need to know!

Iridian

Cool and slimy
In no particular order:

Executive Shaving Outlaw
Mühle R41 (GS)
RazoRock Game Changer .84 OC
RazoRock Lupo DC (the dual comb makes this one really versatile!)

aaaaand... I just got it and had just one shave with it, but I think the RazoRock Wunderbar will also be on this list.

Honorable mentions: DSCosmetic S9. It's a Game Changer .84 SB clone. ;) And the Mühle R94 Rocca. The Outlaw just does what it does a little better.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
X

Thought I should respond and confirm that the EH plate is absolutely incredible. I have no idea how YPM got a razor this efficient to be this gentle. I can use it every day without having to take a break.

Top Bottom