What's new

Your best Easy AND Efficient razor?

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
Love the look of the Olaf Rasmussen prep. Wish I would find one, someday..
Some WWII-era German razors have similar hexagonal handles with a functional style appearance, and they are also easier to find.
Maybe it can temporarily fill an emotional need.
s-l1600.jpg

Yates 921-H - For me this razor hits the "sweet spot" convergence of comfortable and very efficient, and works at an angle that I find to be extremely intuitive.

The Yates Merica is a slight step down in efficiency while still being very easy to use.

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
I'm curious about what razors the Forum will list,
as their best "Easy AND Efficient" razor.

What do I mean by that?
Its a razor that *never* bites, never causes irritation, you can use on "auto-pilot", and get a very close shave, nearly every time.

Two in my collection fit the bill:
Lambda Athena
Blutt BR-1 1.20

With the win going to the Blutt - only because I get *slightly* closer shaves with it.

What is your favorite?

(Note: this is not a "what's your smoothest razor" thread.
LOTS of very mild razors are "smooth", but are you getting a BBS shave in 2-3 passes, with no extra buffing, touch-ups, etc?)

My Razors that don't meet this criteria:
Yates Brass H OC
Wolf SS WR1 .74 OC
Wolf SS WR2 1.15 SB
Blackland SS Blackbird SB

All of the above are *excellent* razors, but none is an "auto-pilot" tool, and each will bite (or produce weepers) if you don't "respect the process" (to use a current Gillette commercial credo. LOL)
Easy to use, no nicks: EJ 3one6 or Muhle Rocca R94. A bit more care required: GameChanger 0.84SB.

Rocnel says that model is not suitable for beginners. I would assume that it is not a mild razor.
Rocnel Elite 2022 has not significant blade feel but it is not neither mild razor(it is efficient) nor a beginner razor.

"Efficient Razor" and "Beginner Razor" are two different worlds :cuppa:

Razorock Mamba .70 with Derby Premium blades gives me the best head and face shaves with no irritations or cuts, but YMMV.

Top Bottom