What's new

Your best Easy AND Efficient razor?

Your criteria match the ones I use for a travel razor (assuming I'm driving or checking my luggage). As much as I want to get very close shaves, I do not want to take a razor that might produce cuts, nicks or irritation. That's especially important as the lighting sometimes is not what I'm used to, and I cannot shave effectively without seeing what I'm doing. (I've always marveled at guys who can shave without a mirror.)

So after that explanation, my choice for a travel razor is the new Game Changer 1.05, which narrowly beat out a Rocca and a Lupo .95OC.

In my experience, only the Schick injector offers the ease and efficiency you describe. With a Chick blade one can drive it around the face without care, with or without pressure, angle predetermined, and get the best shave wetshaving can produce. I like the E, G or J, but YMMV. Not DE, but hey…

Last edited:

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
If we want to discuss “Easy AND Efficient“, we cannot fail to mention “Olaf Rasmussen Surgical Prep“.

As a true medical tool, caregivers must get the job done quickly, effectively shave all types of hair, and without causing more skin irritation to the patient, regardless of whether it is adequately lubricated or not.

Features like this make O.R. Prep super simple and easy to get the job done, like magic.
IMG_20231115_221431.jpg

In addition, for me, the following two razors "Wolfman WR2 1.05" and "Charcoal Goods Gen3" show some similar characteristics, so they are also the perfect answer to "Easy AND Efficient".
However, due to the functional appearance of O.R. Prep, it is more in line with the design essence of form follow function.
IMG_20231115_222944.jpg

IMG_20231115_222011.jpg

There are more razors that give me a pleasant shave, but in order to try to fit the "Easy" requirements of this thread, I excluded razors that are more complex, such as adjustable, or that focus on a luxurious experience.

- Gillette New Improved (w/vintage carbon Gillette Thins or vintage Wilkinson Sword, Spoiler or modern KCG blades)
- (Tie) Gillette: Aristocrat-Fat Boy-Red Tip (w/vintage Wilkinson Sword, Spoiler or modern KCG blades)

The Feather deserves a mention.
Yes, I'm very pleased with my ASD2 using Feather, Personna Platinum and Treet Platinum blades.

Henson mild that my wife had was okay but I just didn't like the lightness of it. She gave it to a relative that really likes it. I replaced it with a Mamba .53, loaded it with a Feather blade, she gave it a thumbs up and is very happy with it. I tried it yesterday with a Treet Platinum, got a nice shave and it was easy to use. Today I'm going to see how it works with a Feather blade.

If we want to discuss “Easy AND Efficient“, we cannot fail to mention “Olaf Rasmussen Surgical Prep“.

As a true medical tool, caregivers must get the job done quickly, effectively shave all types of hair, and without causing more skin irritation to the patient, regardless of whether it is adequately lubricated or not.

Features like this make O.R. Prep super simple and easy to get the job done, like magic.
View attachment 1748826

In addition, for me, the following two razors "Wolfman WR2 1.05" and "Charcoal Goods Gen3" show some similar characteristics, so they are also the perfect answer to "Easy AND Efficient".
However, due to the functional appearance of O.R. Prep, it is more in line with the design essence of form follow function.
View attachment 1748847
View attachment 1748850

There are more razors that give me a pleasant shave, but in order to try to fit the "Easy" requirements of this thread, I excluded razors that are more complex, such as adjustable, or that focus on a luxurious experience.
Love the look of the Olaf Rasmussen prep. Wish I would find one, someday..

My best smooth sailor would be my Schick Injector, the adjustable model. But since that's a SE I would like to say my fourties(?)
English Gillette Rocket 500 HD. Paired with an Astra SP it is like butter. Never any irritation, two pass and touch up every time an effortless BBS.
Come to think of it, why did I ever start buying more razors after that one? It was the third vintage Gillette I bought so why did I?:pipe:

Top Bottom