What's new

Your .22 Rimfire

Favorite.... took me through all I've owned (bolts, semi-auto, single shots, pumps, levers, rolling blocks, Martini action, break over/under, and custom built).

Favorite.... I decided that would have to be the one I'd least want to part with. That would have to be my AR-7. Ugly but the one that I would want to have at the end.

It helped me dispatch a decent sized Skunk the other day that has been stealing my chicken feed, right out of the feeders, lol!

Hated to do it, but I was afraid the rooster might get all up in his face and get sprayed.

No harm, no fowl. Hehe. Not to worry. Great Horned Owls are probably about all that would eat a skunk so you haven't deprived the world of much by dispatching it. Happy layers, happy eggs, yes?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
No harm, no fowl. Hehe. Not to worry. Great Horned Owls are probably about all that would eat a skunk so you haven't deprived the world of much by dispatching it. Happy layers, happy eggs, yes?
The funny part was the rooster and hens were walking all around him in the cage! Musta been used to his nightly visits.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
I'll show youse guys my ugliest gun.

View attachment 1073308
It's a Romanian Training rifle. Weighs about a ton, which might be why I look like such a good shot with it!

It helped me dispatch a decent sized Skunk the other day that has been stealing my chicken feed, right out of the feeders, lol!

Hated to do it, but I was afraid the rooster might get all up in his face and get sprayed.
That's gorgeous. I love my M69.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I simply love shooting 22lr. I have a few. This is what I am working on right now. Its a 10/22 with a composite tactical stock and a few other parts in the trigger group replaced. It shoot pretty well. At some point I may get a custom trigger group and a new barrel, but its really just a plinker, so the cost versus benefit analysis doesnt pan out. I also have a really cool Marlin 60 in stainless with a laminated stock and bull barrel, as well as an older Browning Buckmark Plus with laminated grips and a slab sided barrel.

10-22 tactical.jpg

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Thank you. But you really should see it close up. One of these winter's I'm going to strip the stock down and refinish it. Maybe, lol.
I'm sure I'd like it anyway. I love a gun with a bit of character. I've got 115-year-old WWI veteran Mosin-Nagant and a 102-year-old Lee-Enfield that looks like a WWI veteran. They're both showing their age, and I wouldn't change a thing.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Man! How did I miss this thread? Loving shooting RF... What recoil? What noise? :) Really dig all the rifles here. Ya'll are a bad influence! Been looking at Vudoos and RimX's. Someone help me!!! :lol:

My all time favorite is the Marlin 39a. I'm 75 and dad got me mine when I was about 7 years old. A few years ago I found a nice 39a Mountie on line and got it and like it better, so well when I found one at a local gun store I quickly bought it. Next would be a Winchester 52b repo followed by a Ruger 77/22 and the 10/22's dead last. My grandson got to shoot for the first time last Thanksgiving day and liked the 77/22 best.

Love those K-22's. When I was very young dad had a Colt Woodsman and all I remember was he saying it would constantly jam. He traded it for a K 22 and that was my first meaningful handgun experience. About a week before I graduated from pharmacy school I bought a K 38, and then a couple of years later when a used K 22 presented itself, literally NIB condition, I grabbed it. I still have both, 63 years later. I remember after separating from the USAF and moving to E Texas, picking up 22LR ammo at a local auto/tire store, Western Auto I think for $9.99 a brick. With a young child and a new house I could not afford a lot , but would pick up a brick or two when they put it on sale, usually Winchester and I still have some, probably 35 or so years old. and still good.

Henry lever that takes 22 shorts, longs, and long rifle was my go to for teaching kids. 22 shorts were great for teaching.

My current favorite to plink is a Sig 522; I should probably go shoot it more as they're looking to come after anything that even looks like it. I snagged this pic from the web; don't feel like going into the cold garage to unlock the safe. Picked it up at Walmart when they were closing out the gun section locally.

download (1).jpg

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I've got 218Bee, 208Norma Mag, 22-250, 25-06 all built by my grandfather and a 30br built by my father -Stolle action and a 2 ounce trigger pull.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
This is a great thread. I love the high standards that have made it in.

A Remington 511 that belonged to my grandfather and was given to me when I turned 14. I did a bad restore on it in shop class in the early 80’s. I need to remedy that and make it look decent.

CA52D97A-B942-4EC4-8C36-53003D67E75F.jpeg
B8EF580A-4B3E-4841-8791-7498213DA4B5.jpeg
B6C50B29-5639-4497-954D-14E2E68A46F3.jpeg

Top Bottom