What's new

You people are evil...

So, it's bad enough that I have half a bathroom counter covered with shaving supplies, enough razors to rotate a differnet one every day of the week, and I find myself searching stores for random shaving supplies...

Now you have forced me to leave the comfort of my house on the day after Christmas to but a Bodum press and some decent coffee...:mad3:

But as I sit here enjoying my first cup, I can't be too mad. This is so much better than the folgers that my roommate drinks...

Thanks B&B for one more thing to spend my money on!:biggrin:

:biggrin:.....Don't you just love this place.....

The Bodum press rocks, I was fortunate to receive one yesterday.
I had a two cup back pack press but it's nice to make a full pot now.

Now all you need to do is find a killer vacuum pot...:blushing:

I agree this place is dangerous...but in a good way

Earlier this week I had a cup of coffee from a french press and was impressed by how smooth it was.

Now I am awaiting my bodum aribica press pot to arrive in a few short days. Nothing like a good cuppa coffee or tea especially in the winter months.

Don't care for starbucks. However, I received some Starbuck's gift cards and was able to use them on the Bodum press.

I am quite happy with the press and it was nice to have when company was over these last few days. It makes good, smooth coffee (even charbucks tastes better with this - and NO, I didn't serve charbucks to company), it is silent, and it is much easier to thoroughly clean then the drip coffee makers.

Seeing that this didn't cost me any money, I can't blame B&B; however, I can thank B&B for helping me find a much better use of those gift cards!

Look at it this way. I pay $8.50 a pound for coffee roasted no more than 2 days prior from Sweet Maria's beans from a local vendor in a Bodum press I paid $20 for. Before that I paid $3 a cup for chain coffee.

3 16oz cups the old way: $3285/year
2 32oz pots the new way: $331/year (+$20 one time for the press).

Yeah, I drink a lot of coffee. :w00t:

That's $2954 in savings a year and the coffee is immeasurably better than the swill they serve at chain shops. Enjoying a cup of Tanzanian Peaberry roasted last Thursday right now.

The only real downside is you can't carry your press with you everywhere. I did buy an extra one that stays on my desk at work, though.

Just wait until we get you hooked on some wonderful Chinese pu-erh teas. You will think that you have never really experienced tea before.

Top Bottom