What's new

Test driving the PearlMax Super Stainless

I trashed my first PearlMax after one cheek.

After a week or two I tried another, but this time I palm stropped it first. It was a great improvement but not an excellent blade. Kinda lower tier but usable. Minimum viable.

Either QC is really bad and blade to blade variation is terrible or the blades need to be stropped to clean the edge. It would be a good candidate for corking, but I will need a bottle of wine first!

So I got my 50 pack (I think I got an older batch in the old packaging) and shaved with one in my aggressive Fatip Grande. Hmm, Pearlmax is rather nondescript, but not in a bad way. It definitely doesn't feel sharp like a Gillette Nacet, not smooth like a Treet Platinum. The sound of shaving was loud from the start, but the Pearlmax blade did the job just like the other Chinese brands I have tried: Doalco, Flydear: PFS in my normal solo pass WTG.

Would I buy it again? Perhaps not. I think there are blades just as good within the same price range that do not require importing yourself. That said, there's nothing really to hate here IMO. No idea about longevity if that is a factor for anyone. View attachment 1774459
Oooohhhh!!! These Pearlmax are imitations of the Astra Super Stainless? :eek2::001_unsur
It does say Super Platinum on the package, though. :confused1

Top Bottom