What's new

You don’t get what you pay for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so first off I have been on this site for almost a year. In that time I have never once seen anyone put someone down for having less expensive items. In fact I have seen time after time users who have all of the expensive items helping members who cannot afford expensive items find things that are less expensive but perform as good as the expensive items.

As for the lord blades are the best. Just more me alone can not use them as they do not give me a comfortable shave as my beard is too coarse. As for the soap glad it works for you. There is no way in hell I will do that again. I rather enjoy having my face not feel like it has been stripped by a sand blaster.

If you are so hateful against this community then why even join here. Why not just go about your days enjoying your shave routine instead of taking the time to create an account just to start crap. Is your life that boring that you have to go around on the internet to stir up arguments just so you have some excitement. Really grow up. If you dont like the community dont join it. No one held a gun to your head and made you sign up.
He joined 5 years ago.

I’m just a simple man trying to be myself. I’m not too sure I can live up to your high standards on how to be an *******. I do accept you as an ******* and I appreciate you for it. May I ask you.. what joy does this forum give you? I know it’s free and all but other than that?

I’m just a simple man trying to be myself. I’m not too sure I can live up to your high standards on how to be an *******. I do accept you as an ******* and I appreciate you for it. May I ask you.. what joy does this forum give you? I know it’s free and all but other than that?

Keep coming back.
Thanks for sharing.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I have been searching for a thread that will favorably compare a (now apparently) $2000 Wolfman to a Gillette Tech. I will continue to look and post it here when I find it.

Will a Gillette NEW SC suffice as a comparison?

So I have come to a decision and picked a razor. It was hard for me to discern and so I shaved quite a few days before coming to this conclusion.

I used the same soap for all shaves and it was super runny. Absolutely no cushion, just a slippery medium which enabled me to feel the cutting action of the blade. Shaving WTG & XTG there was no difference I could feel. But where it gets tricky is ATG, I felt no difference anywhere until I shaved the mustache area. This patch of hair for me is dense and the individual hairs are thick. So for any razor, this is a challenge. I once tried ATG with my ATT H2 and I could feel the edge of the blade flex down in to my skin.

Both are very very smooth and with no blade flex. But it was only ATG on my mustache where there was a trace of difference. So the top spot for rigidity is the Wolfman. But I'm talking a minutia of difference.

It is so small a difference I had doubts so to be certain, I had been shaving with both everyday till SEptember 1st, shaving half my face with one and switching to use the other on the other half. I would switch razors to the other half the next day and I have been getting consistent results.

So Wolfman it is. But if the Wolfman is a 10 in rigidity the SC is a 9.8. So there it is

Another relevant thread:

...Amused by the conflation of "efficiency" and price - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/amused-by-the-conflation-of-efficiency-and-price.556546/

Animosity is nothing new. Either is heated discussion. Its through those types of debates between passionate parties that manage to get things understood and accepted for the greater good. All of that is moot without mature and reasoned discussion however. Letting emotion take over where reason should reside is rarely the best choice. Online or anywhere else.

"Because I like it" is the only reason I need to accept anyones choice in anything, no matter the monetary value attached to whatever it may be.

I know you are a moderator and all, so I'll be careful.

I entered a Cal Ripkin single setup challenge. That means one razor, one brand of blade, one brush and one soap for 2,632 consecutive shaves.

Political correctness went out with the 2010s, so I don't take offense from minor infractions. In fact, due to a gland disorder, I am chemically unable to feel anger.
Who says that political correctness "went out with the 2010s?" Not me. I find it good and fulfilling to be politically correct, respectful of others, etc. No political correctness often verges on racism, cruelty, and rudeness.

Sadly PC culture is still good and well. It's hard telling people the truth. Words hurt and you are a *insert .....ist word here* for disagreeing.

Who says that political correctness "went out with the 2010s?" Not me. I find it good and fulfilling to be politically correct, respectful of others, etc. No political correctness often verges on racism, cruelty, and rudeness.

Political Correctness is so 2010s

If I repeat it enough, it will come true.

Some groups think they can define politically correct for everyone. Even asking where someone is from is considered "micro-aggression."

When I go to the hospital, they have signs in the halls that say something like "Aggressiveness will not be tolerated. The hospital will punish aggressive behavior to the full extent of the law." There is a municipal code under it. Who gets to define aggressiveness?

They do, and the bar too low for us old people who are used to "old country" speech where emotions are the leading edge of communication. We were TAUGHT to put emotion in our voices.

It is good and fulfilling to be courteous and respectful. Politically correct goes way beyond that to a standard that is impossible to achieve.

I'll not be held to an impossible standard is all I'm saying.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
They do, and the bar too low for us old people who are used to "old country" speech where emotions are the leading edge of communication. We were TAUGHT to put emotion in our voices.

So many people dont understand this. There was a recent occurrence of that very thing that shook Canada and instantly put an end to a Canadian icon, Don Cherry. He admitted after the fact that he should have worded things differently. He meant no insult and was speaking as he always had. He made an emotional plea and it went sideways. Emotion ruled the entire spectacle.

Political Correctness is so 2010s

If I repeat it enough, it will come true.

Some groups think they can define politically correct for everyone. Even asking where someone is from is considered "micro-aggression."

When I go to the hospital, they have signs in the halls that say something like "Aggressiveness will not be tolerated. The hospital will punish aggressive behavior to the full extent of the law." There is a municipal code under it. Who gets to define aggressiveness?

It is good and fulfilling to be courteous and respectful. Politically correct goes way beyond that to a standard that is impossible to achieve.

I'll not be held to an impossible standard is all I'm saying.

I have to agree with this. Nowadays you can not talk without offending someone or hurting someone's feelings. Growing up getting your feelings hurt was part of life. Not everyone made sports teams. And 1-3 were the only ones who got trophies and awards. If you were not good enough it made you want to try harder. You didn't complain because you lost. If you kept loosing eventually you would get tired of loosing and get better.

I hate to say it but colleges are helping to train kids to think like this. My niece is in college and she came over for help on a homework assignment. The assignment was to show toxic masculinity in magazines. ***. Really. I was appalled. This is what kids are learning in college. Well at least in California.

To turn the conversation to PC is a grievance play over the world at large. The reason this thread is so hot is because the OP wsa trollish and the end point will just spin away with all the heat generated. Some other fora that have experience with trolls adopt the mantra "Don't feed the Trolls"

The thread is now officially derailed everyone is now talking about political correctness or lack of it. I predicted it'd be derailed when I mentioned the free speech shtick. This is a classic of way of deflecting!

You all who are not talking about aggression, safe-spaces, and political correctness are Schmucks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom